Iconic Logo, Iconic Jersey - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 07-15-2014, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
J.G

(Thread Starter)
Iconic Logo, Iconic Jersey

The new Chevrolet sponsored Manchester United Jerseys have just shown up with a brand new commercial. Funny though considering GM has pulled out of Europe...

post #2 of 8 Old 07-15-2014, 04:00 PM

It is very weird that Chevy did this when they aren't even in Europe, but i think that it also proves just how popular Manchester United is. People all over the world, even outside of Europe, watch and are fans of Manchester United. Adidas is the main sponsor though.

post #3 of 8 Old 07-15-2014, 04:26 PM

Garage
I thought I read that they want to have the Camaro available in europe. The Trax did sell in Europe while being available. I think GM wanted to give their Opel and Vauxhall brands in Europe survival chances.

post #4 of 8 Old 07-16-2014, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
J.G

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
It is very weird that Chevy did this when they aren't even in Europe, but i think that it also proves just how popular Manchester United is. People all over the world, even outside of Europe, watch and are fans of Manchester United. Adidas is the main sponsor though.

yes and thats what, as of yesterday! The video they released was still done with the Nike kit. Interesting that in this off season alone Nike has lost both the Arsenal and Manchester kit branding!

Man U is actually one of the more popular teams in Asia so I view this as another branding opportunity to reach that market....
post #5 of 8 Old 07-17-2014, 06:02 PM

That makes total sense.

I read in the local paper that some new NBA star went with Adidas instead of Nike too. I wonder if there is a reason why Nike seems to be losing some of these deals recently, or if it is just chance mostly.

post #6 of 8 Old 07-18-2014, 06:02 PM Thread Starter
J.G

(Thread Starter)
I think its just the cyclical nature of the market. Nike was popular for a while, so now in an effort to be different and shirk the crowd adidias is becoming popular. It will swing back the other way once saturation has been reached

Now Nissan is becoming involved with Man City. Direct response tot he chevrolet developments?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-Nissan.html
post #7 of 8 Old 07-21-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
That makes total sense.

I read in the local paper that some new NBA star went with Adidas instead of Nike too. I wonder if there is a reason why Nike seems to be losing some of these deals recently, or if it is just chance mostly.
It could be that they have some new products coming out and want to invest more and be more aggressive with getting stars on their side to help push the product.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-22-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan View Post
It could be that they have some new products coming out and want to invest more and be more aggressive with getting stars on their side to help push the product.
sounds like a possibility

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page