Eco Sport to U.S? - Page 2 - Chevy Trax Forum

post #11 of 19 Old 09-30-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan View Post
At best there's a $20k difference in the price of the trax and the gla. Yeah they are new comers but they're completely irrelevant here, no one here is considering them.
Don't speak for everyone. You don't know what other people are considering. There may be lurkers too.

Besides what I was saying about the segment becoming more popular is still relevant to the introduction of those more upmarket vehicles.

post #12 of 19 Old 10-01-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
Don't speak for everyone. You don't know what other people are considering. There may be lurkers too.

Besides what I was saying about the segment becoming more popular is still relevant to the introduction of those more upmarket vehicles.
I don't know why anyone who can afford a luxurious GLA, NX, and the like, within the $40k range would buy a just under $20k economy car instead, and there's no way that's going to work the other way around.

I get it, compacts segments are growing, but that's just way too broad to go. Keep it practical. This thread was originally about the Ecosport, a car likely to be no more than just under $20k to start, like the Trax, stick within that range
post #13 of 19 Old 10-17-2014, 11:16 AM

yeah i don't see many people doing that
it will be the odd one

post #14 of 19 Old 10-21-2014, 01:53 PM

I'm just saying that there are so many cars being introduced into this segment. Whether its upmarket or entry level.

Another one that is on the more affordable side is the Honda HR-V. The CR-V sells really well so if the HR-V is similar then it could be really successful.

post #15 of 19 Old 10-21-2014, 02:55 PM

I have heard about this new vehicle from Honda.
Looks like it could do very well. I know the CR-V sells well enough and has a long standing history with the brand.
post #16 of 19 Old 10-25-2014, 12:57 PM

Its a pretty easy decision for Honda. The CR-V is a popular model so lets make a smaller version. Sounds like a winning plan to me.

post #17 of 19 Old 10-27-2014, 05:55 PM

It sure is, smaller and cheaper, sits right above the Honda Fit's segment, which should prove great for the brand.
post #18 of 19 Old 10-28-2014, 02:04 PM

Do you think that its that simple though? If you take one car and make it a smaller version will it sell, or is there more to it? I think that multiple brands are trying this, but they can't all be successful.

post #19 of 19 Old 10-28-2014, 04:49 PM

There's much more to it but the overall idea of what the vehicle needs to do is still their.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page