Big 3, Still Big 3... - Page 2 - Chevy Trax Forum

post #11 of 16 Old 10-22-2014, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
J.G

(Thread Starter)
Most cabs are not fleet sales at all actually. Cab companies will typically purchase lease return or repoed cars at Auction and then turn them into a cab. They destroy vehicles and never purchase new. They have their own garages so warranty is not of concern to them either...
post #12 of 16 Old 10-22-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.G View Post
Most cabs are not fleet sales at all actually. Cab companies will typically purchase lease return or repoed cars at Auction and then turn them into a cab. They destroy vehicles and never purchase new. They have their own garages so warranty is not of concern to them either...
Oh interesting, never knew that. I knew they also used to buy decommissioned police crown victoria's, but i think there is some regulation on age and mileage of vehicle that must be met when buying used vehicles to be used as a cab.
post #13 of 16 Old 10-25-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan View Post
Oh interesting, never knew that. I knew they also used to buy decommissioned police crown victoria's, but i think there is some regulation on age and mileage of vehicle that must be met when buying used vehicles to be used as a cab.
That's probably true but I guess it does make sense that cabs aren't all brand new vehicles. In New York they look new, but everywhere else cabs seem like they have been around for a few years. I rarely get into a cab that is a brand new model.

post #14 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 06:51 PM

I guess it's a mix of it because I too have seen cabs that were old and in such a bad conditiion you wouldn't want to get in. and some really new
post #15 of 16 Old 11-04-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan View Post
I guess it's a mix of it because I too have seen cabs that were old and in such a bad conditiion you wouldn't want to get in. and some really new
I bet the regulations vary greatly. It could be city regulation, state regulation, or national. That's probably why there is a observable difference in the quality of cabs depending where you live.

post #16 of 16 Old 11-04-2014, 06:34 PM

that is very likely the case
regulations are what it comes down to
i guess some places are more strict that others.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page