GMC to Come Out With Its Own Version of the Trax/ - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 12-15-2015, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
GMC to Come Out With Its Own Version of the Trax/

GMC's CEO Duncan Aldred recently told Automotive News that the brand would be served well by the addition of a subcompact crossover to its lineup.

[QUOTE]“I keep telling everyone, ‘How can General Motors’ truck brand not be in the fastest-growing segment in the industry, an SUV segment?'”[QUOTE]

The counter argument to a Trax-based GMC vehicle is that it would eat away at sales of the Buick Encore. Both vehicles would be sold at the same dealerships.

Aldred addressed that criticism by saying, "We’ve got to build world-class brands. If the first thing we do is ask, ‘Well, hasn’t Buick got one?’ Then we’re constantly suppressing one brand for another.”

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...crossover.html

post #2 of 9 Old 12-15-2015, 02:19 PM

Exclamation Wow!

I wonder if this would look anything like that photo in real life. Once it's in the dealerships it somehow looks a lot less appealing.
post #3 of 9 Old 12-15-2015, 07:34 PM

GMC usually go's further when they build anything, I hope they do come out with a version of the Trax

post #4 of 9 Old 12-16-2015, 12:12 PM

Let's hope not, because I'll have to go in there and buy the GMC version if it's better, and I'll hate myself. I just can't control myself with these CUV's!
post #5 of 9 Old 12-16-2015, 12:31 PM

I don't know about going for the GMC version, I just might wait to see what the Caddy version looks like but I won't be ready for another new vehicle for 2 years.

I try to move my vehicles every 2 years with me that means about 10 to 15K miles are on them when I sell them off or trade them if I have to.

I traded my 2012 Colorado regular cab for the Trax it had 9700 miles on it, I tried to sell it outright but no one would give me the figure I wanted for it.
post #6 of 9 Old 12-16-2015, 12:50 PM

I usually go from three to four years at about 10k-16k miles when trade-in time comes. I only put under 4k miles a year on all of my vehicles. 9700 miles on a 2012 unit is great, that makes it mint-condition in my opinion.

I have seen the peek photos of the redesigned Caddy, and they do look promising.
post #7 of 9 Old 12-17-2015, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Which Cadillac are you speaking of? I saw the XT5 reveal, but that is really the only CUV they have right now.

post #8 of 9 Old 12-20-2015, 09:07 PM

I only read about the Cadillac I did not see it, the one above looks more like the size of the Equinox, its dimensions look too big to be the size of the Trax.

The CUV/SUV above could be what will take the place of the aging SRX which is due for a face lift but who knows, looks too expensive for my use.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-20-2015, 09:38 PM

well are we sure the gmc would use the trax encore. could it not be based on the upcoming little cadillac? would create differentiation no doubt and worthwhile cost sharing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page