Storage compartment - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 09-23-2017, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
Storage compartment

I have this ''BlitzWolf'' car booster charger unit that I always kept in my vehicles, came in handy for myself and boosting others,

when I got the Trax a month or so ago I couldn't find any safe and dry place to put so it wouldn't get wet or rattle away. The glove box was too small and so were the 2 other stowage spots. A month later while cleaning the passenger side carpet I came across a drawer under the passenger seat, stopped what I was doing instantly and the ''blitzWolf'' case fits like a glove.

Posted this in case others did not know about this storage compartment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Last edited by Traxy; 09-23-2017 at 02:56 PM. Reason: grammar
post #2 of 9 Old 09-24-2017, 08:57 AM

That's funny , you just stumbled across the pull out tray. Some here actually ordered the brackets and tray since their Trax did not come with it.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-24-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
To be honest I never sit on the passenger side and haven't had time to read through all the threads posted here yet. I just thought this was a great find. I haven't had a chance to read the owner's manual completely either, just enough to set up my cell phone to bluetooth and set the back-up camera brightness level which was washed out. Any more surprises I can look forward too?

post #4 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 07:28 AM

Our 2014 usb port in the glove box also was able to play movies when the Trax was not in drive. Just reformat your usb memory stick to FAT32 first, then save videos to it. Enjoy the car, for a little cross over it does a great job. Also, I hated the ONstar turn by turn navigation , a joke. I installed velcro on the underside of the sunglasses holder lid ( fron dash) and on my Garmin GPS top. The GPS sit nicely hanging from the lid hen open a worked great. The storage area also would close to store the GPS. The power cord and optional suction cup mount went into the bin you accidentally found !

Last edited by probak118; 09-26-2017 at 07:32 AM.
post #5 of 9 Old 09-26-2017, 12:50 PM

I have a plug in portable booster starter that I keep plugged into the 110 port behind the center console, I keep it there in the winter months, its a handy item to have to help yourself and other when needed.

Another feature I found great, is when I go for lawn mower gas I can lift the rear seat back up and place my gas can on the floor.

I'm always worried that the gas can will tip and make a mess and stink like ****, with the bottom of the left rear seat folded up and the backrest in place, there is a great place to put things you might not want to fall over or roll around, like gas cans and propane cylinders for instance.

The Trax and Encore are turning out to be cars that are quite useful for everyday life.
post #6 of 9 Old 11-29-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by probak118 View Post
That's funny , you just stumbled across the pull out tray. Some here actually ordered the brackets and tray since their Trax did not come with it.
Do you know where I can buy the brackets and the tray?
post #7 of 9 Old 11-30-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I believe you don't need the brackets as they are part of the seat. Tray GM#95078247
GMPartsdirect.com has them for $36. ebay for picture reference only.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw...78247&_sacat=0

Last edited by Traxy; 11-30-2019 at 05:45 PM.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-01-2019, 02:48 AM

I stumbled upon my under seat drawer about 2 days into owning mine, I was looking for somewhere to put my radio from work aside from the traditional glove box, and sure enough it fits perfectly inside. It also helps because the change in model years also modified the number of dash adjacent storage, relying mainly on the door and rear seat pockets for various items.

Also did the flipped lower seat thing for carrying some boxes and totes to Philadelphia, I didn't want to get higher that the seat backs or tip while braking. Worked perfectly, and also does great with groceries when I buy cases of water and soda but don't feel like moving my apron case.

Another hidden gem is if you flip up the floor covering the spare tire, you can store all kinds of handy items in there.

Last edited by Montkun; 12-01-2019 at 02:51 AM.
post #9 of 9 Old 12-01-2019, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montkun View Post
Another hidden gem is if you flip up the floor covering the spare tire, you can store all kinds of handy items in there.
That's where I keep my battery operated tire pump.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191031_090945_1575199641899.jpg (90.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Traxy; 12-01-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page