Suspension options - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 08-24-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Suspension options

Hello, I have a 2014 Trax 2lt with awd auto, I have been trying to find options for my front struts replacement and all I can find is acdelco products for the fe2 awd suspension but as soon as I look at the 2015 there is many more options would the 2015 struts fit in a 2014.

Thanks
post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2019, 05:27 PM

Struts should be relatively the same from 2013-2016, the body style change wasn't until middle of the 2017 model year. Truth be told, i wouldn't be surprised if they kept it the same for all of them to present day models for 2017-2020 since mechanically they're pretty much the same.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-24-2019, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The reason I ask is the left side from Chev is 330 cad and the right is 230 cad and I can get Monroe for 100 a strut either side for 2015

post #4 of 4 Old 08-27-2019, 06:33 PM

Personally, I would probably go for the Monroe unless you want to keep it as OEM as possible with all your parts. Luckily the torsion beam system means you don't have to worry about using spring compressors on the rear. I could understand that big of a price difference between the front struts and rear shocks MAYBE, but i can truthfully say I've never seen $100 difference between sides. Unless you have an old Lincoln air ride you're retrofitting, those numbers are out of line even considering the exchange rates.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page