2016 Trax phone connection - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 01-02-2018, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2016 Trax phone connection

I have a 2016 Trax, bought a new Samsung S8 phone. Now I can't keep my phone connected to my Trax. I have to manually do it every time I start it, also can not get the hands free calling to work. Doesn't reconginize any commands.
post #2 of 9 Old 01-02-2018, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
I have an HTC10 and it works fine. It takes about 30-40 second to connect when I first start the car which is fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #3 of 9 Old 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM

I have a 2015 and a Samsung S5, it takes several minutes for the Trax and the S5 to get together but it does eventually find it. Where it seems to really get confused is both the wife and I get in the car and we both have our S5 phones on. It seems that the car does not know which one to use so it will not connect to either, and has to be done manually. I have not needed to try the voice commands yet so I do not know if they respond correctly or not.

Jeff
2018 Trax LT AWD
2015 Trax LS AWD Sold

post #4 of 9 Old 01-04-2018, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyinfool View Post
I have a 2015 and a Samsung S5, it takes several minutes for the Trax and the S5 to get together but it does eventually find it. Where it seems to really get confused is both the wife and I get in the car and we both have our S5 phones on. It seems that the car does not know which one to use so it will not connect to either, and has to be done manually. I have not needed to try the voice commands yet so I do not know if they respond correctly or not.
We have a 2017 that does that same thing. I normally just turn one off

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
post #5 of 9 Old 01-04-2018, 10:48 PM

I have a 2016 and I use a windows based phone. Automatic connection is sometimes confounding, but it depends where I am when I start my car. If I am home it usually will not connect automatically because my phone is still connected the the home wifi. If I remember, I have to connect manually to the car. Most of the time from then on it will auto connect unless I've connected to another wifi service. Sometimes it will all on its own disconnect and then reconnect out of the blue. Just a odd quirk. I have issues with the steering wheel commands but I think its more my fault because I don't use it often. Its just easier to use the phone its self. If I need to make a call I find a safe place to pull over and then use the feed in the car for the conversation.
post #6 of 9 Old 01-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie7378 View Post
I have a 2016 and I use a windows based phone. Automatic connection is sometimes confounding, but it depends where I am when I start my car. If I am home it usually will not connect automatically because my phone is still connected the the home wifi.
WiFi connection to home should be irrelevant since it connects to your Trax via bluetooth. I think the bluetooth connection just takes time to booth-up and stabilize. Then it searches for a device to pair to.

If you have 2 devices paired to the vehicle and both are present it should pair to the first one on the list, this takes about 10 second longer but it works fine for my Android HTC10 and my wife's iphone 7 .

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #7 of 9 Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxy View Post
WiFi connection to home should be irrelevant since it connects to your Trax via bluetooth. I think the bluetooth connection just takes time to booth-up and stabilize. Then it searches for a device to pair to.

If you have 2 devices paired to the vehicle and both are present it should pair to the first one on the list, this takes about 10 second longer but it works fine for my Android HTC10 and my wife's iphone 7 .
This is the 1st time I have owned a car with this kind of tech. I am definitely not a first adopter person so I'm always late to the newest tech out. I never had a PC until 2004. That was even a used out dated system. I have a friend who is supper tech savvy and I get lost when he talks tech stuff. I grew up in the analog era before computers, bag phones were popular then. I still get confused with tech. Todays cars are far more efficient and do last longer. Can I work on one, heck no. Give me a 1975 chevy and I can do anything to it. With todays cars, mess with the wrong thing electronically and it could cost major sums of money. I have a brother who doesn't have a computer or a cell phone. Doesn't want one and you can't give him one.
post #8 of 9 Old 01-13-2018, 09:12 AM

My wife's 2015 Trax has phone connection issues also with her Motorola Droid Turbo. Sometimes a Bluetooth call works, and other times it only comes over the phone itself. Totally random. Usually works with the radio, but not always.

With my previous Jetta and my current Fusion, my Motorola Droid Turbo always connected.

We took it to the dealer about this, but of course it worked fine for them...

I think the Trax factory radio is "low end".
post #9 of 9 Old 06-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Were you able to fix this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chahn2008 View Post
I have a 2016 Trax, bought a new Samsung S8 phone. Now I can't keep my phone connected to my Trax. I have to manually do it every time I start it, also can not get the hands free calling to work. Doesn't reconginize any commands.
Hi, I have the same exact issue with a 2016 Trax and Samsung S8 & S9+ phone. Were you ever able to fix this? My problem is intermittent though. Sometimes the problem exists and sometimes it doesn't. I've even had the MyLink system freeze up on the telephone screen.

I'm currently working with a dealership but no luck so far. It always works for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page