Installing Dasaita radio in my 2016 Trax - Chevy Trax Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 33 Old 07-17-2018, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
Installing Dasaita radio in my 2016 Trax

On my birthday last April I decided to replace the MyLink radio in my 2016 Trax.

I knew buying from China had it's problems like 11 hours difference which makes communication complicated plus Chinglish is really hard to understand but I'm retired and figured this would be a nice project for me. Knowing ahead of time that I would be losing the outside OEM temperature probe I was hoping I'd gain more than I would lose. Then it displays local GPS temperatures.

So decide to take a chance on the "Dasaita 2 din Android 8.0 Car GPS radio for Chevrolet Trax 2013-2016 Stereo Multimedia player with Octa core 4GB Ram+32GB rom" so ordered this from AliExpress ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/9-in...27424c4dc6rLem )

Price was decent and description said plug&play. So paid these guys, as soon as they shipped the radio I knew I was in for the long haul when I saw "" 1 sold 249 available"" which meant I was the first one to buy one of these. Anyways, this is going to be long and I'll try to shorten the story.

3 days later I get a message from the seller saying that the unit has been tested and all works since it was going a long distance. Fine, 3 days later the radio get's delivered via DHL, Paid $56.07 extra for customs and taxes which is okay. I open the box all excited to install my new plug&play radio and I discover they sent the wrong harness. I make mistakes too, the Technician didn't have a Trax to test it with so he test the radio on a KIA then when he closed and packaged everything up he put the KIA harness kit in the box instead of the GM kit.

So I email the supplier and he wants a picture because nobody can believe that they sent the wrong harness on the first order when everybody was being so careful. So sent them picture....

They quickly respond by sending me the GM power harness not realizing that the whole kit was wrong, not just the power harness. So a week or so later after being held at customs for who knows what reason I receive the power cable. Well now I can power the radio but I have no chimes no radio because I'm missing the GM antenna adapter and the USB adapter. So email them again to mention my disappointment and he's confused as to why these are missing. Sends me the cables he thinks are missing and I get them this time 3 weeks delay ( customs not suppliers fault ) So I receive these cables and proceed to hook up my radio for a third time. Great, I have radio and music, USB.

But no chimes and no backup camera. So email Danny Zhu again, he was going to get back to me for the backup camera but I figured it out. Camera comes in on pin 7&8

so I took KIA cables and cannibalized for my purpose,

we now had backup camera.

Then today I received the chime speaker which works great, I now have a working radio and still working on a few small issue. At least it is functional enough to stay in the Trax. One of the issues is it needs and update for the Navigation,

I'm riding in fields half the time and speed limits have changed. So far love the unit, it's got a large touch screen and I can even see my dashcam on the display.

I'm not saying this install is final yet but pretty close.

Got the vents from a junkyard for the bezel.

Also got the Torque APP on board diagnostic to work,

sorry no fault codes to display. lol I will update with night pictures when my camera should be able to take better pictures with less reflections.

Hope you guys like... I'm happier

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Last edited by Traxy; 07-17-2018 at 05:44 PM.
post #2 of 33 Old 07-20-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
(Thread Starter)
Today I loaded up a USB key with a couple Jesse Cooke albums and plugged it in the port. He never sounded so good.

post #3 of 33 Old 07-20-2018, 12:32 PM

Traxy you are an amazingly detailed and knowledgeable guy! These write ups and pics are great!

2017 Encore AWD Premium LE2
2014 Town and Country 30th Ann
2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4

post #4 of 33 Old 07-20-2018, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thank You. Being a perfectionist does have it's down side but it works for me.

ChevyTraxLS+ likes this.

post #5 of 33 Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Only unresolved issue is parasitic noise coming from the Chime speaker when WiFi is on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f2xbma0f3...e0003.aac?dl=0

Not too pleasant, so pulled the Dasaita radio and I'm back to the old MyLink radio, waiting for a solution from seller.

Last edited by Traxy; 08-04-2018 at 09:53 AM.
post #6 of 33 Old 08-04-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxy View Post
Only unresolved issue is parasitic noise coming from the Chime speaker when WiFi is on.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f2xbma0f3...e0003.aac?dl=0

Not too pleasant, so pulled the Dasaita radio and I'm back to the old MyLink radio, waiting for a solution from seller.

Is the chime on a wire or integrated? Try a ferrite core or grounded wrap on the speaker wire, or a faraday cage around the module.
post #7 of 33 Old 08-04-2018, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah they suggested a ground strap between chassis ground and radio frame. Daughter has the Trax 1000 KMs away at the moment. Will try this next week.

post #8 of 33 Old 08-28-2018, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Wife was complaining clock was too small,

so I downloaded this one. Think it's big enough?

These are actual screenshots taken from the radio screen itself and dumped to dropbox. Just touch the little camera icon.

Last edited by Traxy; 08-28-2018 at 05:13 PM.
post #9 of 33 Old 08-28-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxy View Post
Wife was complaining clock was too small so I downloaded this one.
Think it's big enough?https://www.dropbox.com/s/7isy1mglmj...Clock.png?dl=0

Vehicle behind you can see it too!!

2017 Encore AWD Premium LE2
2014 Town and Country 30th Ann
2005 Dodge Dakota 4X4
post #10 of 33 Old 09-18-2018, 04:55 PM

Just seeing this and wanting to do the same to my 2015 trax as I would love android auto.
Any advice? I'm super new to this and want to make sure I get it right.

The device you bought says it's no longer available, would you recommend anything specific?

Thanks for such a detailed post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page