Radio display not working - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 10-28-2019, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy Radio display not working

My wife's Chevy trax display is not working the screen is very dim and just keeps showing the my link logo for like 15sec an disappears for a couple of sec and then does it all over again. no radio, Bluetooth, nothing the only time something shows up is her reverse camera when she puts it into reverse but then goes back to the dim logo when not in reverse we have tried the fuse and disconnecting the battery. any help is appreciated
post #2 of 3 Old 10-29-2019, 06:32 AM

You wouldn't happen to have anything plugged into the ODB-II port, like a Snapshot device from Progressive Insurance or a code scanner? If so, make sure it's properly inserted into the ODB-II port, because I had a similar situation when I bumped my Snapshot device and it was half seated.

The MyLink logo would appear, the radio was playing, all the controls worked fine on the dashboard and steering wheel; but the screen went completely black and unresponsive after the MyLink logo disappeared. Couldn't think of anything I did to make it happen, since I only had 2500 miles on it. Then I remembered not hearing the beep of the Snapshot when I started the car, and sure enough that was the problem. Reseated it in the port and haven't had another problem since.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 Old 10-29-2019, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montkun View Post
You wouldn't happen to have anything plugged into the ODB-II port, like a Snapshot device from Progressive Insurance or a code scanner? If so, make sure it's properly inserted into the ODB-II port, because I had a similar situation when I bumped my Snapshot device and it was half seated.

The MyLink logo would appear, the radio was playing, all the controls worked fine on the dashboard and steering wheel; but the screen went completely black and unresponsive after the MyLink logo disappeared. Couldn't think of anything I did to make it happen, since I only had 2500 miles on it. Then I remembered not hearing the beep of the Snapshot when I started the car, and sure enough that was the problem. Reseated it in the port and haven't had another problem since.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
yeah i don't believe she has anything there ill check but i doubt it. It all started to happen like a day after we took it to the dealer to get some recalls fixed on it. im guessing im gonna have to take it back to them so they can fix it. Im starting to think that they might have bumped something when they were behind the steering wheel but i do appreciate the help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page