Delayed acceleration at a full stop - Chevy Trax Forum
 2Likes

post #1 of 16 Old 07-27-2018, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Delayed acceleration at a full stop

Hello,

I own a 2017 trax LT and I've actually gotten into an accident due to this issue at a full stop I will push on the gas pedal to move forward, no revving or movement so I push a little more, suddenly I'm at 4000rpm almost burning rubber.

It doesn't happen all the time but my dealership is insisting nothing is wrong. I'm actually scared to drive it anymore 😕.

Last edited by SkipD; 07-28-2018 at 09:13 AM.
post #2 of 16 Old 07-28-2018, 01:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
Take the service manager out and show him or maybe go see an other dealer. Car should leave when you press the pedal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #3 of 16 Old 07-29-2018, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxy View Post
Take the service manager out and show him or maybe go see an other dealer. Car should leave when you press the pedal.
I took it to the shop they've run a diagnostic test and did a test drive. I guess it didn't happen when they drove it but it does it. They refuse to admit this is a problem, I've been seeing highway acceleration issues. It's as if the engine is hesitating or throttle isn't working properly. I've contacted GM and I have to call em back monday. I'm worried they will try to tell me it's fine.

post #4 of 16 Old 07-29-2018, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyscap View Post
I took it to the shop they've run a diagnostic test and did a test drive. I guess it didn't happen when they drove it but it does it. They refuse to admit this is a problem, I've been seeing highway acceleration issues. It's as if the engine is hesitating or throttle isn't working properly. I've contacted GM and I have to call em back monday. I'm worried they will try to tell me it's fine.
Convince the service writer or the service manager that you need to go with their people on a test drive. It's possible that part of the problem may be something related to precisely how you drive the car. If they can witness the problem with you driving then they can take things further.
post #5 of 16 Old 07-29-2018, 12:40 PM

The accelerator in Trax is actually an electronic module that gives commands to the ECU and the ECU commands the electrically operated throttle. The shop has to check the accelerator pedal module and the throttle.
And also can be a problem with automatic transmission. I've seen similar messages on Opel Mokka forums, Opel Mokka being the twin brother of the Trax, the automatic transmission is the same(some are made in China).
The same prblem - sudden acceleration or to much acceleration when automatic is changing fom 1-st to the second gear.

Last edited by ChevyTraxLS+; 07-30-2018 at 08:55 AM.
post #6 of 16 Old 09-26-2018, 10:51 AM

We are also having gas pedal issues with a 2017 Chevy Trax we bought new that we have had less than a year. Initially the problem we had was it would shudder when accelerating at a light or stop sign. Or there may be almost no power when taking off. Then it started periodically stalling. It has just recently started randomly accelerating. This has happened twice. We have had it in to Chevy service four times. They keep telling us they find nothing wrong and if there is nothing showing up with the computer diagnostics, then "the car is operating as designed." Even opening a case with Customer Care has not provided us with a resolution. So frustrating!!
post #7 of 16 Old 09-27-2018, 04:35 PM

I too have had this issue with my 2016. This occurred on a trip out West and put me in danger several times. At times at a full stop, upon trying to accelerate into or through a intersection the Trax would just set there with little to no response or slowly moving into traffic and then going but nowhere near the expected acceleration. Even on the highway on a grade that was not excessive the car would start slowing well below traffic speed until it would drop 2 or 3 gears and still have no real power. I did take it to a dealership, they couldn't find anything, they asked if any dash lites indicated anything, run a computer diagnosis. And of course I / we could not repeat it and it hasn't done it again. They run some gas and fuel system cleaner through it but could or had no answer for the issue.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-06-2018, 06:25 AM

I have found, as a "proud" owner of a 2017 Chevy Trax that is does come to accelerate slowly, sometimes incredibly slowly. Do yourself a favor and try it with no A/C and no Fan. Car accelerates as intended, but if one of these are on, let alone at the full power (4 I believe), the car chugs/stalls before taking off at a much slower rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTraxLS+ View Post
The accelerator in Trax is actually an electronic module that gives commands to the ECU and the ECU commands the electrically operated throttle. The shop has to check the accelerator pedal module and the throttle.
And also can be a problem with automatic transmission. I've seen similar messages on Opel Mokka forums, Opel Mokka being the twin brother of the Trax, the automatic transmission is the same(some are made in China).
The same prblem - sudden acceleration or to much acceleration when automatic is changing fom 1-st to the second gear.
If this guy is right and it is electric then the Trax at idle must not be producing enough power to supply the both at full power. Once the car is moving having the air on is not a problem, but I find myself shutting down the air every time I stop on a major road/highway so I can take off instead of stalling.

I've tried everything to see what this issue is, but having the fan on seems to be the most noticeable...

I would be curious to see if anyone else is having this issue as well...

Last edited by PM-BGengler; 10-06-2018 at 06:29 AM.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-06-2018, 07:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
This should not happen, there's a sensor that detects low voltage and it is suppose to automatically shut down A/C upon acceleration. As far as fan on high speed that is also not normal, at least mine doesn't do that. Maybe you guys just have a weak battery. Even new batteries can be bad.
ChevyTraxLS+ likes this.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #10 of 16 Old 10-11-2018, 03:43 PM

I tried this on my '18. and could not replicate. I timed acceleration with everything electric turned off that I can turn off. And again with everything turned on that I can turn on. As expected there was a very slight difference with everything on being a tiny bit slower. I would expect this since it does take some of the engines HP to run the AC compressor and the alternator leaving that little bit less power available for the wheels. But the difference is very slight on the watch and is just barely noticeable by my butt dyno. But it is a noticeable difference. Not enough to warrant the effort of turning things off at a stop.
ChevyTraxLS+ likes this.

Jeff
2018 Trax LT AWD
2015 Trax LS AWD Sold

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page