HELP! 2015 Trax LTZ Chugging during acceleration. Urgent. - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Traxy

post #1 of 7 Old 11-17-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Exclamation HELP! 2015 Trax LTZ Chugging during acceleration. Urgent.

I test drove a 2015 Chevy Trax LTZ yesterday. The mileage is 91k. One owner. I would have bought it on the spot if not for one thing. I stopped at a stop sign. Put my signal on to turn right. The turn was up a hill but not incredibly steep. The car "chugged" or "jerked" and just really would not go faster. Maybe 5-7mph. I was able to get things moving by taking my foot off the gas and trying the acceleration again a couple of times. It didn't start immediately though. This happened again about 20 minutes later. This time I was not at a complete stop. Maybe 10mph and turning left. Car took the turn fine but again, when I tried to accelerate, the chugging started. Maxed out at about 7mph. It felt like it was running out of gas but I had a solid 1/2 tank. Both times, the RPMs seemed to be in the right place and didn't appear to lose power to the radio, air, lights, etc. This specific car DOES have the turbo.

If this is normal, I'd be happy to adjust my driving style lol. I'm currently driving a 2007 Dodge Caliber SXT.

Please let me know if this is something normal, and just part of the turbo or if it something really wrong. I tried to get a video but of course I couldn't make it happen a 3rd time.
post #2 of 7 Old 11-17-2019, 08:01 PM

Could be the accelerator sensor going bad, or the fuel filter is clogged. Without knowing the cars history of maintenance and physically touching it myself, those would be the first things I would look at.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-17-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks! Before I make any commitment to buy, I'm going to have my regular mechanic go over it. I'm going to ask him to check these specific things.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-17-2019, 10:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
Not normal. Have your mechanic check for codes and maybe the coil pack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #5 of 7 Old 11-19-2019, 11:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
Also at that mileage have him check the PCV regulator for leakage. Not and expensive repair and 13-15 seemed to have this diaphragm go on them.
thecaptain87 likes this.

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #6 of 7 Old 11-24-2019, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Response

Hi all,

Just wanted to say I didn't buy the car. I test drove another Trax at a different dealership and did not have this problem. Thank you all for your help.
post #7 of 7 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM

Having very similar symptom right now. Code coming up is P0132. Going to replace the O2 sensor. Basically, what I think is happening is the O2 sensor is erroneously reporting that the fuel/air mixure is rich and is reducing fuel and the mixture ends up being way too lean and the car can’t rev beyond 3K RPM and lacks power to accelerate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page