Boost Sensor ? - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Traxy

post #1 of 7 Old 01-01-2020, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Boost Sensor ?

Good morning everyone, have a question here I own a 2019 Chevy Trax, in which at this time has 23292 miles on it, and it had a engine lite come on few days before Christmas and it stayed on about a day maybe and went off, and I received a text from On star, and they made me a appointment to take it to the garage I bought it at, well this was right before Christmas, so while at the garage they told me it had a Boost Sensor bad on it and they had to keep it and order me one.....

So in the mean time they gave us another Trax to drive.....they called and said our car is ready to go now....

I'm no mechanic, but can someone tell me what this sensor actually does, or what would cause this thing to go bad, it is practically a new car, and is this something normal to go out ?.....

This is our 1st new car in a many of years....nice car too, getting 32.3 mpg, and it is a daily driver....
post #2 of 7 Old 01-01-2020, 01:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
The boost pressure sensor is inserted in the air duct leading to the throttle body. It measures how much boost the turbo is putting out, although not a common part to go bad it is an electronic piece. And well electronic parts do fail. A new one is like $10. Maybe it never failed, it could have just iced up or seen dirt for a while, either way the technician is probably changing it to eliminate it from the equation. If the light comes back on he'll look deeper and know it's not the sensor. Not all black and white unfortunately.

Oatmeal likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #3 of 7 Old 01-09-2020, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Have another question about the Trax, do you all leave the traction control device on all the time or turn it off each time you start the car ?

2019 Chevy Trax..

post #4 of 7 Old 01-09-2020, 04:16 AM

I just leave it on personally, though occasionally I'll remember to turn it off on dry days where there's zero chance to hit snow or ice around town.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-09-2020, 01:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
Why would you turn it off? What most people don't understand is this feature might save their lives in a bad situation. ( For example coming into a turn with black ice )

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716
post #6 of 7 Old 01-11-2020, 12:11 AM

Maybe he wants to get the tires to chirp a bit when he hops on it.

Pro tip, you have to disable Stabilitrac also if you want to make a Trax purposely squirrelly.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-11-2020, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys, I was just curious, I no my brother n law, has a Toyota that has this feature, and he turns his off all the time as he starts it.....
Yeah, we leave ours on too, was wondering if this would do any damage mostly I think....our Trax, is a daily driver...

2019 Chevy Trax..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page