GM upping Encore Production... - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kooper
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-02-2015, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 263
(Thread Starter)
GM upping Encore Production...

In a strange move GM is diverting resources in order to increase production of the Encore because... It has a head start on the segment...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...n-encore-again

Quote:
Aldred wants to capitalize on the Encore's sizable head start. He expects the Encore to emerge as Buick's top-selling nameplate this year, even after sales surged 53 percent last year to 48,892, putting it at No. 3 in the lineup behind the Enclave large crossover (62,300) and the LaCrosse sedan (51,468).

"I've stuck my neck out to get more Encores, because if you haven't got them, you're not going to sell them," Aldred said.


Kooper is offline  
post #2 of 9 Old 02-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 557
I mean it makes sense given current market trends and where last year's sales were. Sedans are on the way out while CUVs are on the rise.



TrainTrax is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 02-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 745
It's a great move as the Encore sits in a unique position among the rest and fills a demand that others don't tap directly into. Now to see how they continue to keep the Encore interesting as the years roll by.
James is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 Old 02-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 557
It will be interesting when they get to redesign time. The Encore looks great now, but I think that there is a lot of potential to do something different with the design too. I think that the Encore has a lot of staying power.



TrainTrax is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 02-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
It will be interesting when they get to redesign time. The Encore looks great now, but I think that there is a lot of potential to do something different with the design too. I think that the Encore has a lot of staying power.
and what different things are those?
post some examples of what you're talking about

Last edited by chevyfan; 02-05-2015 at 05:00 PM.
chevyfan is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 02-05-2015, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 263
(Thread Starter)
you guys are missing the point, simply allocating more production does not equal more sales... ESPECIALLY not with increased competition...



Kooper is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 02-07-2015, 02:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
you guys are missing the point, simply allocating more production does not equal more sales... ESPECIALLY not with increased competition...
I see what you are saying but the Encore is quite popular. I think they are increasing production because the demand is there. I don't see why they would increase production otherwise.



TrainTrax is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 02-09-2015, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 263
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainTrax View Post
I see what you are saying but the Encore is quite popular. I think they are increasing production because the demand is there. I don't see why they would increase production otherwise.
their demand forecasts are based on last year, when the encore was the only vehicle in segment... now for similar money you can get in an Audi Q3 or BMW GLA.

I'm just saying....



chevyfan likes this.
Kooper is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 02-09-2015, 05:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
their demand forecasts are based on last year, when the encore was the only vehicle in segment... now for similar money you can get in an Audi Q3 or BMW GLA.

I'm just saying....
That's the beauty of what german brands have been up to.
I remember seeing the frustration of Acura ILX owners when the Mercedes CLA came out months after they bought their Acuras.

Thankfully i'm in no rush to buy.
chevyfan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome