Refreshed Buick Encore to Debut at 2016 New York Auto Show in March - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 02-05-2016, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Refreshed Buick Encore to Debut at 2016 New York Auto Show in March

Buick is planning to debut a refreshed version of its Encore compact crossover at the 2016 New York Auto Show in March.

A Buick spokesman told Autoblog:

Quote:
“While we have no additional details to announce, we’re excited to confirm that media and customers will see the new 2017 Encore at next month’s New York Auto Show."
many clues as to what to expect with the new Encore can be found in the recently updated Opel Mokka X (pictured above). Expect LED lights, and some of the Mokka's styling to transfer over, as well as much of the Mokka's interior. This includes things like the touchscreen in the center stack getting integrated into the dash, and the addition of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

The Mokka is equipped with new safety tech that will likely make the jump as well. These include an improved front camera that can detect road signs, an upgraded forward collision alert system, and a new lane departure warning system that activated at speeds over 37 mph.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-in-march.html

post #2 of 4 Old 02-05-2016, 09:27 PM

I like that grille more than the traditional Buick grille.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-08-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeguz View Post
I like that grille more than the traditional Buick grille.
Same here, it's a much more sophisticated look, with the right grille insert it can look even better.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2016, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I can see how you guys might want to update the Buick grille but I wouldn't change it to the Opel one. Buick will have to keep the general grille design but just find some ways to adjust it in order to make it look a bit more modern.

The Opel grille is okay, but honestly I find it a bit generic when compared to contemporary grille. The division between the bottom and top of the grille makes it seem to me that the whole thing doesn't have a very clear idea.

I actually like the Avista grille, though it isn't much related to the general Buick grille. Unlike the Opel grille, it has one texture filling in the grille which makes it look more complete and whole to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page