Chevrolet Trax Issues Reporting Thread - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 58 Old 01-29-2015, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Chevrolet Trax Issues Reporting Thread

Use this thread to report and discuss issues you're currently having
post #2 of 58 Old 02-03-2015, 03:41 PM

Car suddenly turns off...

Hi.

I have 1 year and a half with my 2014 Trax. Believe it or not I have only 15000 km (house - work - house).

I do maintenance each 5000 Km, so far only changing sparks plugs, engine oil and engine filter.

I never changed the engine air filter, because each time I go to the store, they never have. The plugs used is the one from NGK brand and not the Champion brand that suggest the manual. Engine filter original and engine oil Shell Helix 20W50. I use 95 Octane of Gasoline.

My problem:

Since 2 weeks, each time I turn my car on, after a second, it turns off inmediatelly. I need to turn it on again and back to normal. It happens when in the morning. It also happens to my friend.

What could be? Battery? plugs? Maintenance?

Very appreciate your help.

Thanks.
post #3 of 58 Old 02-03-2015, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
If lights are dimming and you are noticing other obvious signs of a loss of electric power then you just may have a battery issue, if not, then it's something else. Have you stopped by your local Chevrolet dealer for them to diagnose this issue?

post #4 of 58 Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 PM

Hi and thanks for your fast reply. I didnt stop yet by my local Chevrolet dealer for them to diagnose this issue.

As I said, the problem its only in morning before going work. After that, each time I turn on the car during the day, its ok.
post #5 of 58 Old 02-03-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordphilippe View Post
Hi and thanks for your fast reply. I didnt stop yet by my local Chevrolet dealer for them to diagnose this issue.

As I said, the problem its only in morning before going work. After that, each time I turn on the car during the day, its ok.
Hey Lordphilippe,

We apologize for the unexpected concerns, and we understand how frustrating this may seem. Even though you are located in Canada, we still can forward your information to the care team in your location. Please feel free to send a private message and include your VIN, contact information, current kms, and a preferred dealership in your location. We look forward to hearing from you!

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
post #6 of 58 Old 02-07-2015, 09:33 PM

Garage
One issue I am having being for the cold North, is the heater seems to take for ever to start blowing hot air. After 20 minutes of warm up, not even half the windshield is defrosted. I don't know if it's a thermostat issue.

Drive it like you stole it. Wait I drive a Trax I can't.
post #7 of 58 Old 08-07-2015, 02:08 PM

I have a manual Trax with the following issue.

When I stop at a traffic light, I put the transmission into neutral and wait for the light to go green. The light turns green, I press on the clutch and when I put the transmission in first gear,, there is a LOUD clunk noise and the car surges forward.

The transmission is also weird to shift from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.

There is also a clunk noise when I am driving and press on the clutch to shift from 1-2, or 2-3. The noise happens exactly when I press on the clutch and when I release the clutch.

The dealership service dept states that this condition is NORMAL!!!

I contacted GM directly and requested to go for a road test with the district service manager.

will update as things develop
post #8 of 58 Old 08-09-2015, 10:34 AM

Bought a 2015 trax....has several front end body panel alignment issues (IE hood, front clip). Anyway, anyone else have this issue? Taking it to the dealer on Tuesday.
post #9 of 58 Old 08-09-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denjamin View Post
Bought a 2015 trax....has several front end body panel alignment issues (IE hood, front clip). Anyway, anyone else have this issue? Taking it to the dealer on Tuesday.
Haven't heard about that but with you mentioning it, this should help with bringing out those that are experiencing the same issue.

Those alignment issues could be solved by some adjusting, hopefully its nothing more than that.

Spoke to your dealer about it yet?
post #10 of 58 Old 08-10-2015, 06:26 PM

Yes....there is multiple issues. Hood is misaligned, front left bumper molding is not attached correctly to the fender and the gray molding around the front left wheel is loose. Under the hood, the bumper molding is not sitting on the front left alignment pin. The dealer is going to take apart the front end to investigate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1439245298977.jpg (134.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg image_1439245340574.jpg (101.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg image_1439245414708.jpg (115.5 KB, 35 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page