2018 Trax Redline and only 5200 miles - Chevy Trax Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 03-02-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2018 Trax Redline and only 5200 miles

I Bought one of these Trax Redline Version (2018) in Oct 2018, paid almost $30,000.00 and I've had nothing but trouble. Drivers seat failed, (cushion caved and collapsed to the left and has become unsupportive for your hip ,seat as a whole is loose and frame creaks and makes metallic cracking noises and the track is rough going forward and back) transmission failed (shifts rough, indecisive and slips, takes a couple seconds to engage in to drive or reverse), drivers door came loose at the hinge and caught the front fender, rear hatch right side hinge is loose, car is missing paint on the back inner of the hatch, (Bose radio-camera-onstar) shuts off all the time and becomes unresponsive, glove box fell off its hinge, sun roof glass doesn't fit evenly and flush, engine is buzzy and under powered and i only get 17.5 MPG, all wheel drive has failed and shut off the very first time I had it in the snow.
There are other issues too but im not going to write a book and Im becoming increasingly disappointed in this vehicle and cant drive it for more than 15 min do to the seat cushion causing hip pain. I've called the service department and was deterred to not bring it in because of being told that "If we determine that its not abuse it will be covered under warranty". What makes service think or say that? Why would they assume its abuse and not even have looked at the car? I bought a new car to be worry free and every day I get in this vehicle i worry if its going to break down.
post #2 of 2 Old 03-04-2019, 07:31 AM

I have got a 18 redline LT and over 7000 miles. The only problem I have had is with the drivers side windshield wiper. Its functional just chatters no matter what I do. I have changed the blade twice. Still has the same problem. I would contact the service manager and ask about any concerns you have. The "if we determine.... " line sounds like standard lawyer speak to say that they can't just tell you its covered under warranty over the phone. That is too many problems to be having. You need to start tracking all the problems you are having.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
That which does not kill me had better start running.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page