Transmission problem? 2018 trax - Chevy Trax Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AuntBrooke

post #1 of 5 Old 09-14-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Transmission problem? 2018 trax

I was driving down a busy road the other night when my 2018 chevy trax just wouldn't move. If I put it in drive or natural or park it would go backwards. The speed odometer digtal and the speed gage was saying 130mph backwards with out it moving and while my foot was on the brake. The dealership is saying that I must have slung my car in park while driving.(how dumb is that) whatever happened messed with my transmission and I will have to probably get a new one. My chevy trax is a 2018. I brought it brand new in July 2018. Has anyone else had trouble with theirs?
post #2 of 5 Old 09-14-2019, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
To add to that on Monday the dealership did an oil change and the lower arm weld recall. This happened Thursday night.
semch1 likes this.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-14-2019, 06:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to Traxy Send a message via MSN to Traxy Send a message via Yahoo to Traxy
This sounds more like a BCM or TCM problem than an actual mechanical failure. Always deny any wrong doing. Warranty should cover that. Maybe the previous mechanic knocked a transmission line loose. Deny deny deny and blame them for shotty work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

post #4 of 5 Old 09-18-2019, 08:06 PM

Garage
hmm, how many miles on it, mine has just under 15k now just wondering.
post #5 of 5 Old 09-18-2019, 09:30 PM

Hmm, just did recall service in the general area of the transmission and they're saying it's something that you did? That sounds like a tech probably hit something replacing the control arms and they're trying to absolve themselves of responsibility.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Trax Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page