Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Chevy Trax LT that won't start when I turn the key. The mechanics checked the battery, start, and ignition switch, and everything seems fine. They switched out the parts and the issue remained. However, when they were checking things out they did manage to reliably turn the car on when they turn the key from ON to Start and slowly back to Start and then slowly to accessory. The engine will turn on somewhere between start and accessory and then I return it back to start.

The mechanics aren't able to diagnosis the issue and it has to go to the a Chevy dealership to use their equipment. When I described the issue to the service center they had no clue over the phone, but I have an appointment in a week to bring it in. I was hoping to get some insight.

It seems to be a computer issue and not a mechanical. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Did he change the run-crank relay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there an easy way for me to check on that? I did have a fuse issue a year ago

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Fuses tend to corrode the tabs. Here's one thing you should try before starting to dig deeper. Pull each fuse under the hood and flip it 180° checking that it's good at the same time preferably with and ohm meter to be sure. This way you will eliminate any fuse issue and clean the tabs at the same time. Then try it. If you say you've had fuse issue before it may cure your problem. Go at it one fuse at a time methodically. Could also be contact issue in the connectors going to the fuse block.

Does your Trax have remote start on the remote, if so does it start okay from the remote?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts