Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a '16 Trax LT and on her way to work today it stalled out and she wasn't able to get it to start. I'm at work and I'm unable to leave to go trouble shoot, she states the car will crank but won't start. Oil level is good, as well as fuel level. And my wife tried the extra key when she went to pick her up. I was hoping someone could give me some advice or suggestions that I could have my wife or daughter check while they are still close to the car.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Not really until you read the engine codes to understand what failed. It could be the fuel pump or just a fuse. If it's still under warranty call the dealer and have them pick it up on their tab. Or call the number in the windshield for roadside assistance.

Or OnStar if she is still paying for this service

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really until you read the engine codes to understand what failed. It could be the fuel pump or just a fuse.
Thanks and that's the direction I'm leaning. Just not there and feel a bit helpless. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple.
Thank You Again!!

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
If it just died, something drastic happened like she hit a good puddle or something. I'm a Dad too and it's awful not being able to help your kids.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it just died, something drastic happened like she hit a good puddle or something. I'm a Dad too and it's awful not being able to help your kids.
You said it!! Thank you so much!!
Thanks again for all your help!! Turned out to be something miss aligned with the key switch. Long story short my daughter carries far more than her keys on the ring causing things to shift in the switch. Once I got there on Saturday and and tried to start it, it was evident that it was in the switch.

I turned the key off and then back on, with a bit more force going to the off position. After doing this several times there was a noticeable difference when inserting and removing the key. I then tried to start it and it fired right up like always.

I then instructed my daughter to remove all of the extra junk from the key ring. Hopefully she learned a valuable lesson!!

Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
What did she have on there an anvil ? A nine pound sledge...>:D

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
You may still need to change the ignition switch down the road if it's damaged.

·
Super Moderator
285 Posts
Reading this makes me glad they switched to a push button start for the 2019, even though that presents a whole different set of possible issues in the future.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts