Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm probably posting in the wrong area but hopefully find directions.
I own the above Trax and recently discovered the centre bearing on the prop shaft needs replacing. I have had the prop shaft removed by my mechanic and visited South Wales prop shafts, who were unable to split the bearing. I have contacted a dealer but apparently I would need to purchase a whole new prop shaft (£1750) I am looking for an alternate solution.
Any help would be massively appreciated.
Thanks

Kevinski72

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
I drove mine all summer without the shaft. I replaced the driveshaft on mine last October. Wasn't too bad under $600 Cdn. Maybe if you purchase it and bring it to your local mechanic. Don't get it done at the dealer for sure. It is listed at $491 USd on the GM site.
SHAFT, Propeller

SHAFT
, PROPELLER(CODE AARU)(INCLUDES 2-10)
$491.24

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your help. I have just drove my Trax back from my mechanic (without prop shaft) so now I'll take a look at the links you supplied, and see if I can get a ahaft shipped to the UK.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
It says international shipping in that ad. Might not be the only ad....just one I picked up on. My shaft wasn't vibrating and still worked fine, but the screeching noise coming from it was unbearable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have absolutely no clue about car parts so you have been a massive help. One thing I was wondering; would the prop shaft be the same in a left hand drive vehicle? This was pretty much the only difference I could think of.
The condition of my bearing wasn't too bad either at this moment. When I first heard it, it sounded as though the windows were cranked down slightly and air was rushing in the car.

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
The engine size and type might make a difference though, probably will have summit VIN for fitment. verification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts