Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my car to the shop as my overflow container for my radiator was empty. I saw there was marks of it leaking out. They replaced the upper radiator hose but tell me my problem isn't solved. They are telling me I have another leak on the back side of the engine by the turbo. I have been quoted $1200 for installation and parts. They said it's a kit of fittings for the oil cooler. Any one else had this? They said that GMC coolant gets very acidic and it should be changed frequently.

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
Go for a second opinion, the turbo is in the front of the engine.

Reactions: 2018 Chevy AWD Trax

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently had a radiator fail on my 2016. From the location of the water spots on the ground I was concerned about a water pump or head gasket issue, luckily just the radiator.
The stealership wanted $1800 (Canadian) to replace it, out of warranty. I had it done at a local shop for $900. They have to take the whole grill and bumper etc off to do it. The dealership said they have to evac and recharge the AC as the condenser is in the way. But the local mechanic used to work at the dealership and said there is a way to get around that by removing the headlamps instead to make room to get the radiator out and in without removing the AC condenser. Definitely get a second opinion.

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts