Chevy Trax Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
2,444 Posts
I talked to a GM mechanic at Lounsbury's and he said GM is replacing these at their cost if mileage is under a certain mileage. They realized the magnesium alloy isn't good in these neck of the woods.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I talked to a GM mechanic at Lounsbury's and he said GM is replacing these at their cost if mileage is under a certain mileage. They realized the magnesium alloy isn't good in these neck of the woods.
Do you know what that mileage is?

·
Administrator
2,444 Posts
He told me but it didn't register. He also said it wasn't a recall but a bulletin. So people may have to argue if the dealer isn't aware.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My girlfriend bought a 2014 Trax LTZ brand new and now we have an issue with a cracked rear differential. There is 130000 km on the vehicle. Apparently this is a known problem...when I called the salvage yard and told him what I was looking for his reply was "oh they crack"...that was before I told him mine was cracked. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue?
The dealership go to said they have only seen on that has crack ,The différential in my 2016 Trax AWD been making noise for two years almost now the warranty has expired they want to replace it

·
Administrator
2,444 Posts
GM is suppose to replace these on their dime.

·
Administrator
2,444 Posts
Call the GM hotline, they will tell you if your vehicle still qualifies.

CUSTOMER CARE CENTRE:
1-800-263-3777 ( English, French )

21 - 27 of 27 Posts