Chevy Trax Forum banner

2015-2016 Recall for the Chevy Trax

13K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Tracking 
#1 ·
18,780 units are being recalled to update their radio software. That 18,780 includes the 2015-2016 Chevrolet Trax and Sonic, as well as the 2013-2015 Chevrolet Spark.

According to NHTSA, vehicles that have the "bring your own media" radio are failing to provide an audible warning chime for the seatbelts or if you leave the key in the ignition.

Now as this does increase a safety risk. I could typically do without the annoying chiming... Have any of you been contacted yet in regards to this issue ?

#8 ·
In my case... They applied the update when I was in for service(A/C issue), when they discovered it was due... Have noticed occasional chimes when I put directional on. My wife originally said "Oh... You have lane change warning". But; I noticed it today... Nothing around. Chime syncopating with turn signal flash. Turned directional off, then back on... No chime :)

#11 ·
I have a new Miata that I wind up leaving them on all the time.

The inside indicator lights are located just behind the steering wheel so they are out of sight, and the flasher is too quiet to be noticed.

Bad enough I'm old, I don't want to look out of it also.

#12 ·
I updated last month during an oil change. After the update none of my steering wheel radio controls worked and the radio no longer displayed the outside temp. I took it back in and they said they had one other Trax do the same after the update. Not sure what they did, but now everything works, except the chimes -- sometimes they work and sometimes they don't and I'm ok with that! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.