Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Hope someone has run into this. I have found similar threads, with different vehicles, and different phones, that experienced what I am about to describe.

Phone pairs to the car, never drops the bluetooth pairing.

Incoming call, will not answer. You can mash the button on the steering wheel all you want.
If you push the hang-up button, it hangs up immediately.
If you swipe the answer on the phone, the call will "connect", but take several seconds to hear the caller.

Phone is a Blackberry Z10, car is a Trax LS trim, basic radio. It has been this way from the start, and dealer is no help. If the stars are aligned just perfectly, sometimes it works! (1 in 100 I'd guess), but there is still a really long delay after the answer.

So I am guessing this is a software problem in some sort of common bluetooth stack software.

I actually reproduced this in my 2016 GMC 2500HD with my phone, and guess what the difference was? I had not plugged it into the USB port, which I normally do for charging. I know on my truck, if I enable stuff, the infotainment unit will fetch messages, and contacts from the phone. I also know, that the radio in the Trax LS trim model is nowhere near that elegant.

Do you think, with the truck, that the bluetooth command could be shunted through the USB connection? I should not be required, but you never know these days when manufacturers take short-cuts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I believe this issue has been resolved, and I will tell how I figured this out in case someone else encounters that same.

We have a Garmin nuvi GPS installed in the car. I remembered that it supports hand-free calling. I paired a secondary phone to it, and it worked flawlessly. My initial idea was not to use the 'problem' phone with the car bluetooth, and instead use the GPS for handsfree.

Then I thought, could these bluetooth stacks on both devices (car, GPS) be competing with each other signal wise,
or there is a bug in their handling code causing a mix up?

**Just to be clear, there was never a phone paired to the GPS, up until my tests.**

So, I deleted my test/secondary phone pairing from the GPS. I then DISABLED the bluetooth on the GPS, completely.
Guess what? Bluetooth connection between the problem phone, and the car now works without issue.

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Thanks for coming back with the solution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts