Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here are some quotes that give a good overview of what this review says. All in all it seems like a great vehicle for the money, but don't expect something super luxurious. I think that is what the Encore is for.

Trax is not fast, particularly luxurious, or "off-road ready." But make no mistake; it's got loads of room inside, a great human-machine interface, pleasant ride, and good fuel economy. If you're one of the thousands (and thousands) of Americans who insist on driving a micro-SUV, Trax is a solid and refreshingly discreet option.
Goods

Quiet ride
Featherlight steering
Abundance of storage and cupholders
Great gauges and infotainment
Solid engine and transmission pairing
Rear seat room more abundant than you'd reckon

Bads

Lethargic acceleration on AWD
Rear drum brakes on FWD
Something tells me I wouldn't love these seats after a few hours
Value seems to diminish in higher trims

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm still surprised that they use drum brakes, it's about time they started to use disc brakes. But at least on their end it creates an easy win... come time for a mid-cycle refresh "HEY! Now you get disc brakes on ALL WHEELS!!!" yawn

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm still surprised that they use drum brakes, it's about time they started to use disc brakes. But at least on their end it creates an easy win... come time for a mid-cycle refresh "HEY! Now you get disc brakes on ALL WHEELS!!!" yawn
only poverty pack FWD TRAX get drums

·
Registered
263 Posts
THIS is what you want to advertise right here...

Trax is not fast, particularly luxurious, or "off-road ready." But make no mistake; it's got loads of room inside, a great human-machine interface, pleasant ride, and good fuel economy. If you're one of the thousands (and thousands) of Americans who insist on driving a micro-SUV, Trax is a solid and refreshingly discreet option.
Thats your product offer, not some stupid idealized narrative click bait bullshit. If they can tell people that straight up, they'll come...

·
Registered
193 Posts
only poverty pack FWD TRAX get drums
Good to know that's the trim it's on but still, it's a setup I thought by now should have been phased out. I might be asking for too much when I say as this is a cheap vehicle which with it's price comes a level of expectations, but it just comes to my surprise to see them still using it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Of note...

Engineers from Chevrolet managed to squeeze in a last minute fine tune for its US debut. What they did was raid the Buick Encore's parts bin in search of a quieter ride. The front windshield, stationary glass and 3/4 glass are of the laminated sort, the dash material has also been beefed up compared to the world model. Interested Canadians don't fret you'll be saying the same upgrades.
http://www.traxforum.com/forum/289-chevy-trax-general-discussion/1698-get-excited-chevy-trax.html

·
Registered
111 Posts
they're saying to you that they could get away with havnig a cheaper feeling vehicle, but now that theres competition they have to up their quality. Interesting brand of arrogance from GM... Ohwell, at LEAST they did it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm sure it's a practice that's well used throughout the industry. Can't throw everything you have in a vehicle right from its launch while there are many years to go before it's generation ends.

Profit is the game and what ever it takes to maximize and maintain that is what should and is being done.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm sure it's a practice that's well used throughout the industry. Can't throw everything you have in a vehicle right from its launch while there are many years to go before it's generation ends.

Profit is the game and what ever it takes to maximize and maintain that is what should and is being done.
Would Honda behave this way? I'm just saying, features are one thing, but skimping on construction and quality is exactly what got GM to where it is today ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
that should be an easy question for him :)

Honda's history and reputation should speak for that
as much of a Chevy and GM guy i am, I have to say that they are one of the better brands for that. interiors can use some work though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts