Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Unfortunately the back hatch of my Trax is nonfunctional. I used to be able to open it manually from the inside, but not anymore. I'm pretty sure the whole latch mechanism needs replacing. It's out of warranty and I need it fixed. Has anyone done this replacement on their own? I am not experienced with much more than battery/spark plug replacement so I'm looking to find out if I should try this out myself or just take it to a dealer. If anyone took theirs to a dealer with this issue, I would really like to know how much it cost, as that's my biggest hesitation. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,571 Posts
If it's not under warranty, never take it to a dealer. They will soak you dry and try to over sell. Go to your friendly local Father son garage or even a body shop. But please avoid the Stealership.

If you can open it from the access hole once more you will need to remove the panels starting from the top and change the latch and switch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's not under warranty, never take it to a dealer. They will soak you dry and try to over sell. Go to your friendly local Father son garage or even a body shop. But please avoid the Stealership.

If you can open it from the access hole once more you will need to remove the panels starting from the top and change the latch and switch.

View attachment 3514

View attachment 3515

View attachment 3516
Oof, that sure looks like a very technical sort of replacement. I will definitely take the advice to avoid the dealership and look into a local shop for the job. Thank you for that advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts