Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I had an issue arise with my 2015 Trax. Took it to the dealer and when they ran the diagnostic it showed SES light on, low voltage app sensor 2 circuit low voltage.

They applied dialectric grease to the sensor and three days later all the lights and the same code showed back up. Has anyone else has this happen?

I've only had my Trax for about 3 months and I hope this isn't a sign of the way it will always be.

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
That's odd P0084 shouldn't pop up on a Trax since it's only a 4 cylinder. Only bank 1 on an in-line 4 cylinder. P0084 Exhaust Valve Control Solenoid Circuit (Bank 2)

Did they check your battery? You may have a bad cell screwing reference voltage once in a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They ran a complete diagnostic and checked the wiring. The mechanic said the only thing the computer would show is the sensor located behind my gas pedal. And if it happens again, to bring it back. I just got it back today but it took three days for the lights to come on the second time. On the way to the dealer every light went off except the check engine light.

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
Okay code would be one of these. Many things can go wrong on such a complicated little vehicle.

P0220 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Malfunction
P0221 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0222 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Low Input
P0223 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit High Input
P0224 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit Intermittent
P0225 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch C Circuit Malfunction
P0226 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch C Circuit Range/Performance Problem
P0227 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch C Circuit Low Input
P0228 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch C Circuit High Input
P0229 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch C Circuit Intermittent

But usually with one of these codes it is also accompanied by a correlation code

P2135 Throttle Position (TP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation ECM, PCM
P2138 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation ECM, PCM

which gives them a better hint at the problem.

Reactions: ChevyTraxLS+

·
Registered
51 Posts
Code 84 : Engine Power Is Reduced
It's in the instruction manual, Canada page 111, US page 140(5-25). Could be anything from a circuit problem to the "I don't know what".
Need an OBD scan to check for more errors.

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
This has to be a typo Code P0084 has always been "Exhaust Valve Control Solenoid Circuit (Bank 2)" since 1996 although it will cause an "Engine Power Reduced" condition. Which book did you get this from?

P0081 Intake valve Control Solenoid Circuit (Bank 2)
P0082 Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low (Bank 2)
P0083 Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit High (Bank 2)
P0084 Exhaust Valve Control Solenoid Circuit (Bank 2)
P0085 Exhaust Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low (Bank 2)
P0086 Exhaust Valve Control Solenoid Circuit High (Bank 2)

·
Super Moderator
1,928 Posts
Yeah that is the message displayed on the DIC but not P0084 code which I thought OP meant. Sorry OP my bad...Title should have read "2015 Trax DIC code 84"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts