Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using this Trax for years now without an issue. I usually connect my phone via bluetooth so I can listen to music.
Recently (as in the last few months), the MyLink infotainment system keeps freezing. It will boot up onto the FM radio screen and then sit there, no matter what tabs I press. The screen itself is completely unresponsive--I can't switch the audio input or skip a track or change the station, nothing. The buttons on the steering wheel work, as do the power/volume/home buttons on the deck under the screen, but the entire touchscreen itself is locked. I've tried the "press and hold skip for 3s," the "pull the fuse," and the "press and hold skip and home for 10s." Pulling the fuse does nothing. Press and hold skip and home did absolutely nothing, and just got me stuck on the main menu. Usually, the press and hold skip for 3s would work, but recently (the last few weeks) even that can't fix it.

What is going on? Why does this keep happening? Does the whole unit need to be replaced? I'd really rather NOT do that, so if anyone has any ideas, that would be HIGHLY appreciated. I really need an answer--I've been combing the forums for weeks but haven't come up with anything for 2015 Traxs, and even less that actually worked.

·
Administrator
2,663 Posts
Try pulling the radio fuse for a minute and re-install. Radio may just need a first birthday again. Or disconnect the battery for a minute.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts