Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this forum, this is my first post so thanks for welcoming me aboard. I bought my Trax brand new in 2015. Never had any issues with it until a month ago. Got the timely oil changes, always synthetic oil and never had any technical issues until recently. My car was bucking while driving fairly easy in first and second gears. Each gear would rev up to 6500rpm's before switching into the next. Highway driving was awful, as I heard a cranking noise if I held my foot on the pedal to accelerate but would stop if I took my foot off the gas or feathered it. I could only get it to go up to 75mph but if I let my foot off the gas the bucking would start and I'd drop in mph's like an anchor. It turns out my oil light would come on when I was nearing the end of my trip. I would put 3 quarts in and I would be able to keep driving. When I accelerated onto the highway, I had extremely thick clouds of white smoke where I couldn't even see the cars behind me. This also happened when I would rev high on side roads when trying to speed up. I brought to mechanic and he said he needed to replace the turbo. So I paid $1400 for the turbo replacement, spark plugs, a full synthetic oil change plus labor. And the day after I picked it up from mechanic, I'm back at square one. Oil light came on this morning. I have 2 years of payments left, so I can't just move on from it. Sorry for the long detailed post, but please help if you can!! Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
2,106 Posts
I would take it back to the mechanic which was suppose to fix it. After all you paid for the repair it should be repaired.

·
Super Moderator
296 Posts
Sounds like you have a problem with the oil supply lines, not sure whether it's inbound or outbound as the source. Should have recognized that problem immediately if they actually replaced the turbo as they should have, since they should have to disconnect them to remove the old one.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts