Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Trax with only 32,000 miles. The emission light came on and told it to dealer for Diagnostic test. Test showed P0496 Evap flow code. Did test and confirmed vacuum building with system sealed. Found purge solenoid diaphragm failed. My question is why didn't this $200 repair fall under the factory emission warranty?

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Probably because you didn't argue your point. The stealer is there to steal your money as long as they can get away with it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just got a notice in the mail regarding this issue so I decided to check the Traxforum to see if it has affected anyone. The notice says it Is specific to 2017 Trax but maybe because I have a 2017. Some vehicles have a condition where the Evap emissions purge valve may not fully close. Says they are extending the warranty for this specific issue for 10 years of the date the vehicle was placed in service or 120,000 miles. Says issue will be repaired at no cost and if you have already done the repairs there is a form to submit to get compensation.

Nice, I have 25K miles left to the end of the new extended warranty, but so far I don’t think I have this particular issue. I did recently have to change my valve cover because of a blown diaphragm and I did the “cruzekit” work around for the PCV valve on the intake manifold since I figured I am way past my original 60K warranty.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
I received the same recall notice for my 2016 Trax and Encore but have had no issues.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I also got one for my 2016 Trax but only to take it in if i have the failure and it's warrantied for 120,000 if it fails before then they will cover it so the letter says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts