Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
I imagine you will have to pull the knob off first.
Some info here and I'll try and dig up more info from the manual for you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I imagine you will have to pull the knob off first.
Some info here and I'll try and dig up more info from the manual for you.

Ya I've watched that the 2016 shifter slot is smaller then the head of the shifter. Still unsure how to remove at least the shifter head so I can get trim past it.

Thanks for the help any other insite is welcome

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
The shifter comes out by pulling and twisting it slightly but if you have the up/down switch on your knob that will disconnect. Wasn't too hard to reconnect but a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya probably the manual in that pic. Just opened mine up via the top and doesnt look like a place to release it that way unless you find a place showing how

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
How were you planning on masking for paint the PRNDM display?

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Well has you saw I took mine all apart last night. I put it all back together this morning. It might be easier to remove the whole shifter, do what you need to do and re-install. You'd have to take the console out though but that's just a couple of screws and and a good serving of patience. Knob comes out same as the Cruze pictured here except his doesn't have the up/down switch and wire.

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Yes, I was curious after you asked so the one in the picture is mine in my hand.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I'll try that guess I'm just not pulling hard enough lol scaird to break somthing but that's how it's done ... keep you posted thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

All back together now love the look. Bit of a pain to get the wires back connected but managed and works like new

·
Super Moderator
1,522 Posts
Yeah you need really tiny fingers or a good pair of fine flat needle nose pliers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts