Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a part number or vendor for the blower motor resistor connector/pigtail for this 2016 Trax. Wife's burnt out and in having no luck finding one. The dealer even gave me the wrong harness and said that was all they had a listing for. I'm posting the burnt plug, the exploded diagram the dealer had. And the part they ordered/sold me. Part numbered 22.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
It looks a lot like this connector available at home depot. It says it is not compatible but maybe because they can't certify that it will fit. Sure looks like it.

Even the Dorman kit looks exacxtly like it.

but says can't confirm fitment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It looks a lot like this connector available at home depot. It says it is not compatible but maybe because they can't certify that it will fit. Sure looks like it.

Even the Dorman kit looks exacxtly like it.

but says can't confirm fitment.
I'll confirm the Dorman does FIT, and looks the same, but when I used this on my 2016 mine burnt out in 1 trip.. oof! Still looking for the right one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This page gives what should be the correct pigtail harness 2015-2019 Chevrolet Trax HVAC Blower Motor Resistor Harness - Climate Control - Four Seasons 15-19 Trax HVAC Blower Motor Resistor Harness - 130139-05598017 - PartsGeek except that it shows Out of Stock right now.
The Dorman one should work if you get rid of that resistor and use the one made for the vehicle, as the pigtail just passes the wires though. Be sure of which is which when wiring it up! I just ordered another and will report once it all works for a couple days... :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
This page gives what should be the correct pigtail harness 2015-2019 Chevrolet Trax HVAC Blower Motor Resistor Harness - Climate Control - Four Seasons 15-19 Trax HVAC Blower Motor Resistor Harness - 130139-05598017 - PartsGeek except that it shows Out of Stock right now.
The Dorman one should work if you get rid of that resistor and use the one made for the vehicle, as the pigtail just passes the wires though. Be sure of which is which when wiring it up! I just ordered another and will report once it all works for a couple days... :)
So it did it to me a second time, and this time I spoke with a mechanic who said any time he get things like this, it's just easier and faster to replace that harness and resister AND the blower motor itself. Even though the blower motor works, there is a good possibility that something there is causing this. (The pigtail on Amazon fits just fine)
Sure enough, I replaced it all and it has worked flawlessly ever since. A little extra money, sure, but I have it working now ever since.

The worst part is the 2016 Trax has mounting points for a replacement blower motor, but you have to CUT OUT the current one. **** manufacturer didn't make it just drop out. I used a Dremel with a cutting bit and buzzed through most of it, only needing a razor knife where it wouldn't fit as well.

Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
2,324 Posts
Did you take any pictures? Worth a thousand words you know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts