Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok lets make a long strory short. 2016 trax a local oil change place messed up the motor, changes said motor out with a engine that had 17,000 miles on it, installed a new turbo while we were at it. put dexos oil and a new filter in said vehicle, filled the transmission and coolant to proper levels.primed the motors to get oils to all components. started the ran great. let it run till the fans kicked on and the coolant system had burped all air out. took it on a test drive all worked beautifully. told the customer i was going to drive it for a few days just to make sure no engine lights came on, took it that night to get gas and pulled in front of the supermarket after getting gas to answer a text an she stalled out?????? get it towed back to my shop still not starting, drained the fuel cleaned the rail, put fresh gas in it. still not starting. swapped the crank and cam sensors with the old engine still not starting, its getting 55psi maybe higher in fuel pressure. playing with the key got it to start for a few seconds and stalled out again like its not getting fuel. fun fact is there are no codes, i did another check with my second scanner and found that its registering the key no security light is on but the immobilizer security code says its programmed but it does say its not accepted. funny thing is i get the same no start if i try to remote start the vehicle. so i am at a loss. need some help.

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
Funny thing is it ran long enough to make it to the gas station. Did you happen to touch the positive lead to ground when you were swapping the engine. New modules with onboard battery backup don't like that very much. Have you tried the 30 minute reprogramming.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts