Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016, Chevrolet Trax 1.4
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I received a letter earlier this year about a wastelink actuator in the turbo failing and stating there's a recall for it. On the letter it states that the recall replacement will only be allowed of the turbo fails and the check engine light comes on. Last week my turbo failed while driving with the code P0299 for turbo underboost. Today I took my car in for the appointment and the tech assisting me couldn't find anything on a recall for my vehicle even though I brought the letter from GM that states the recall. Can they deny fixing the recall if they can't find it in their system stating the recall and charge me for full repair?

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Nope. You have the letter from GM.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is a policy on 2016 turbo replacement, I can check if you're still applicable by typing your VIN into GMVIS and I get a list of all policies, recalls, even a list of all warranty work you've done.

·
Registered
Have a 2015 Trax, 1967 Mustang Fastback, a 2008 Mustang Bullitt and a Explorer
20 Posts
The wife's '15's died at about 60K two years back. Fix was $1800.00. I was told that because I used a synthetic blend instead of full synthetic oil at oil changes, that caused the failure.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
The wife's '15's died at about 60K two years back. Fix was $1800.00. I was told that because I used a synthetic blend instead of full synthetic oil at oil changes, that caused the failure.
That would be bull crap, because the 2015 called for dexos 1 which is a synthetic blend. Maybe the cause was more the oil feed tube from engine to turbo which GM revised and was replacing whenever a vehicle came into a dealer. The new tube had 2 "O" rings, insulation on the tube and a more gradual bend at the turbo to prevent coking and eventual plugging. My 2016 came with the newer version and in 2017 got a letter from GM to start using full synthetic which is less prone to coking.

Reactions: Rally Trax
1 - 5 of 5 Posts