1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NHTSA ID Number: 10108624

Manufacturer Communication Number: 16-NA-042

Summary

This informational bulletin provides information on GM offering the Android Auto feature upgrade for 2016 and 2017 model year vehicles and how to proceed with reprogramming the vehicles to include this application for use.

I found this on this on the https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2016/CHEVROLET/TRAX/SUV/FWD#manufacturerCommunications I called the dealership today they acted like they had know ideal what I was talking about. Can anyone confirm that it can be done. And told me it can't be done

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Could you elaborate?

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a way for Dealer to do this for $100 and up

My Dealership's tech guy in Service knows about this. Here's a bit more info I found on GM's network: Please note that the 2016 Trax is specifically designated as one of the GM vehicle Products that can be upgraded. The cost for this will be paid by you, and/or negotiated with the dealer. At least $100 + tax , probably more.

Infotainment System Upgrade for Android Auto Feature – 2016 Buick Cadillac Chevrolet GMC

Being new, I'm not allowed to post links; as an IT kinda guy, let's try this -remove spaces

ht tp s: / /ww 7 .oemdtc .com / 6565 / infotainment - system - upgrade - for - android - auto - feature - 2016 - buick - cadillac - chevrolet - gmc

- Dave.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Being a glutton for punishment

Here's another spacerized link I'll probably get in trouble for posting here, but hey, at least I'll get my post tostal incremented by one.

ht tp s: / / w w w .n ht sa . g ov / re call s ? nh ts aI d = 10 11 39 80

- Dave.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Caveat - YMMV

Since I last posted, I spoke with 2 Service folks at 2 different Dealerships. Turns out that, based on my VIN, my 2016 Trax doesn't have an upgradeable radio model. I have a UF7 rather than an I05 or I06. Not to say, I was cautioned, that this will always be the case. GM may eventually come up with an upgrade for my model, as they continue to work out upgrades for the multitude of hardware configurations that have been installed. Or they may not. I was told to check back in 6 months to see. For the short term, for me, it looks like a dash mount for a large phone, or a small tablet to run Android Auto directly. Not real good news for me, hope you have better luck. Cheers.

- Dave.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts