Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find the head rests in both the front and back to be uncomfortable. They force my head into an uncomfortable forward position. For this reason we raise the rear head rests all the way up for comfort, but this has the effect of reducing visibility when looking over your shoulder or in rear view mirror.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there other head rests on the market that I could use that have a lower profile?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I push all 4 up, and force myself to use the rear view camera on the dashboard. Aside from being 6'0" tall, I also have my hair pulled into a ponytail that would make Troy Polamalu proud. So I end up tilting the back of the seat a bit more than I normally would.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I'm 5'5½" and a smidgen and I'm quite comfortable. Mine are all the way down. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree the headrests are a bit uncomfortable with the forward head tilt. Our Chrysler Pacifica has the same issue. In my Trax, I turned the driver's headrest around facing backward. The notches don't line up the with adjustment tab, so vertical adjustment isn't an option, but the head/neck angle is much improved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I find the head rests in both the front and back to be uncomfortable. They force my head into an uncomfortable forward position. For this reason we raise the rear head rests all the way up for comfort, but this has the effect of reducing visibility when looking over your shoulder or in rear view mirror.

Has anyone else experienced this? Are there other head rests on the market that I could use that have a lower profile?
I pulled the headrests OUT by pushing in the buttons at the base of the 2 metals rods. Then I Flipped them around and pushed the rods back in the holes. Works great for me as a short driver. This works for
The front but probably not the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmmm... ok thanks that may help in the front seat for comfort. I'm still concerned about the low visibility for my 3 kids who are new drivers... Thanks for the input! I wonder if turning them around is safe? I'll go try it out and see how it works and my thoughts on safety.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts