Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 Front Passenger Power window fuses

I just had a minor problem with the front passenger power window failing on my 2016. Looked up the fuses because I couldn't believe the power window motor would have already failed only to find my 2016 manual that came with the vehicle was not up to date. It showed the fuses in the rear left of the vehicle near the hatch. So I opened this compartment only to find no fuses in the designated spots for each power window motor. So decided to look up the fuses in my 2016 Encore and the location for these fuses was different but still wrong. Then on a last ditch effort to try and understand why only the front passenger side window was affected since the fuse is IDed front power window and the driver's side still worked fine I decide to look at the french manual. Although different from the english manual and closer to the real version of my vehicle it still showed one fuse for front power windows ( S/B07 ) and one for rear power window ( S/B08 ). Well after taking the actual switch apart and following the traces on the circuit board I realized that it was a half truth. S/B07 is for the front passenger side motor only ( 25a ) and S/B08 is for the other 3 power window switches. Pin 13 B1+ is for right front power window only and supplied by S/B07 and Pin 1 is B2+ for the remaining 3 power window and supplied by S/B08.

This occurred when my wife tried to bring down the window when it was all iced up.

To be precise the Trax blew the 25 amp fuse ( S/B07 ) , I replaced it tonight and all's fine.

Even my dealer didn't know which fuse or where it was for the 2016. S/B07 was shown as a spare fuse. Go figure!

Hope this helps you over a very confusing set-up if you are experiencing this same problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
User manual with hinky information seems to be across multiple systems of the '16 trax...
*the example of not having correct numbers or mention that different oil-filters can be used for the same vehicle and wrong ones can fit and be shown as correct in lookup devices at retailers is a big one. It took me almost a week to find out how to know what filter mine really needed.
*The last oil change was by an ex who had no idea what he bought from the store when he changed it, so I had no clue if I used the same part as was in it currently if it was correct or not.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had this same problem replacing the fuse solved the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts