Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
We have a 2016 AWD Trax (purchased new in 2016), now has 38K miles. Only driven around town on short trips.

At first we started getting Shift Bumps while driving at 30-35 mph, like the car couldn’t figure out what gear to be in... one shift bump per trip. But then on a hot day (90+ degrees) last week, it was constant shift bumping at different speeds and even shift bumps while sitting motionless at Stop Lights (with Transmission in Drive).

Dropped car off at the Chevy Dealer, they had it for a day and a half and found “No Codes” and the “Test Drive” had no issues and all Fluids okay (of coarse). They also added that this is common with all cars. I‘m not buying that line, the car hasn’t done it from Zero Miles (in 2016) until now.

Anyone experience Shift Bumps ?

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
Did you try in manual mode to see if it did the same thing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:
Took car on a short trip Sunday (one hour/40 miles each way), half was highway driving. Morning trip 9:30 am (cooler temperature - 68 degrees) only had maybe two Shift Bumps.

Returning home around 1 pm, the outside temperature had risen to 88 degrees and we turned on the A/C. The Shift Bumps got so frequent and more violent, that I had to shut the A/C off. On the highway going 60 mph, when you hit a slight incline and have to give it gas, it starts Shift Bumping.

The Bumps calmed down a lot without the A/C but didn’t go away completely but significantly less. Turned A/C back on, the Bumps returned.

It’s going back to the Dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did not try Manual Mode yet.… have never tried it before. Problem seems more like a Shift point issue versus a Slip. I’ll try it tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts