Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the original owner and sole driver of this unit which has fewer than 10000 kms on the clock.The armrest fell off a few weeks ago .It appears to have broken at the weld without any pressure being placed on the armrest.I have not been to the dealer to have the problem examined because of the pandemic.Has anyone else experienced this problem?Does anyone have any ideas for fixes or hacks?This is the only problem I have had in the 4.5 years I have had the vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
While searching for how to add an armrest for the passenger side, on other forums (Vauxhall/Mokka) others have experienced the same problem. You can remove the seat (easy), remove and replace the armrest bracket yourself (not easy). It took me a couple hours to add the bracket and fit it all back together. Part is available "2013-2021 GM Armrest Bracket 95077866 | GMPartsDirect.com". You might be able to weld it back up. I didn't break anything in the process so your chances are pretty good too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tips.I think GM should be doing the repairs gratis since the armrest was flipped down at the dealership the day I bought the vehicle and never moved until it fell off 4.5 years later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts