Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2017 Buick Encore is getting a proper facelift, and thanks to some Chinese specification pictures of the yet-to-be-revealed small CUV, we already know what it will look like.

The Buick Encore is a higher-end version of our friend the Trax. The face lifted model ditches the overly-chromed grille for a single chrome bar cutting across. There are redesigned headlights with LED daytime running lights, as well as a redesigned front bumper, fog lamp housings, and hood. The rear bumper seems to be the lone redesigned feature at the rear of the vehicle.

The US version, in contrast to the Chinese version pictured here, will also include LED tail lights and orange turn signals. Inside the Buick Encore will likely resemble the Opel Mokka X. Expect a revised dashboard and adjusted ergonomics, as well as the availability of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for the IntelliLink touchscreen infotainment system.

Engine options remain consistent.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think they could have done a better job of making it look like a true luxury CUV, unless i just need to see it in brown to have a change in opinion.

·
Registered
772 Posts
The Buick had a way better looking dash and general inside look, for the first few years of production, however I didn't like the Buick grille.

I hope the new Trax is as nice in person, when it finally shows up on US shores.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I agree.

As more car makers come to market with their rivals to this, I have a feeling the Encore will take a dip unless Buick listens and adjusts to what's going on. Acura might be one of them. Then there are the Koreans... which are growing on me.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I thought at one time Cadillac was going to bring one of the small CUV's to the market.

I might be confusing that car with the replacement for the SRX coming out in 17.

I wouldn't mind a Buick, but they have to dump the 1950 buick grille they seem to want to put on the front of all of their cars, to get me interested in one.

The front of the Buick above is way better looking, but I think the car above might be the European Opel.

·
Registered
745 Posts
all i know they have planned for right now is the XT5. Even something under that could work, it could be like the better version of the Encore, but of course pricing will have to reflect that. Something tells me if this plays out GM might have to send one of these to the chopping block sometime down the road.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well I went back on my word about the 2016 Buick Encore over the weekend I got a chance to drive one, I really liked how well it was put together.

I liked the fact that it was nicer inside and it had a more quiet ride, over all it seemed like they paid more attention to detail than they did on the Trax.

I took it home with me, the color is River Rock I simply had way too many red cars in a short period of time, this River Rock was something different.

I bought the Encore Convenience, I think looking at the standard equipment is equal to what I had the LT, I could not justify paying the premium for leather seats.

I might be blacking out my grille, the look of the 17 seems to be the same with the style bar added

I can add any color seats in leather at a later date, for much less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts