Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several occasions the wipers will not work. Seems to happen in the morning most often. Squirting the washers does not even activate them. And no, they are not frozen to the glass. Wife took this video this morning. They began working about 10 minutes later.

https://vimeo.com/321588536

I hope the dealer can figure this out. This is a serious safety issue that can't happen!

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
WoW! That is definitely dangerous... Come back with the result from the dealer's solution.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
I think you need a new wiper motor gearbox assembly. Because it seems to be getting the command to wipe but the wipers don't move. Just goes to show that anything man made is prone to failure. Hope the dealer won't argue after you show them those videos. lol

And no, they are not frozen to the glass.
:D When they do freeze to the glass this is what happens :(

Happened to me this morning. Left the wiper switch in the on position when I went in to get breakfast. Snow from the roof slid down the warm windshield and melted on the wiper then at -11°C ( 12°F ) quickly frozen. As soon as I turned the key I realized my booboo but too late. Luckily I had a spare set at home that I had purchased for the Encore... So just ordered and other set from Ali-Express.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Xuk...384.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.36064c4dAI68pp

Kinda practical to have 2 vehicles with exchangeable parts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think you need a new wiper motor gearbox assembly. Because it seems to be getting the command to wipe but the wipers don't move. Just goes to show that anything man made is prone to failure. Hope the dealer won't argue after you show them those videos. lol
I guess the lights come on automatically when the wipers are being used. I read this in the manual under "Lights On with Wipers", so I guess that part is ok. Hope you are correct about just needing a new motor and it is not a wiring issue.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer is ordering a new wiper motor. Will update further when repair is completed hopefully tomorrow. I do have a courtesy Enclave to drive. Thing is huge! Feels bigger than my Town and Country.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They fixed the vehicle today and seems to be working fine. Replaced the wiper motor part 42333714 and 6 retainers 11546904

Notes say some internal part of the wiper motor would not operate all the time. Will update if we have any more wiper problems!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts