Chevy Trax Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Maybe the market just isn't as into diesel engines aside form pickups as other countries? But then again, I'm not American so I don't know the buying habits of its citizens.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Equinox also has the 1.6 turbo diesel coming soon. Same as the one offered in the Cruze. That will give it around 240 foot pounds and good towing rating.

Really wish they would offer the diesel/manual on the Trax but it won't happen. It would add 5000.00 to the price.
Aren't those diesels in the Cruze rated for 52mpg or something??

·
Registered
745 Posts
Maybe the market just isn't as into diesel engines aside form pickups as other countries? But then again, I'm not American so I don't know the buying habits of its citizens.
On a global scale if you look at all the efforts towards going green then you can see how diesel might hit the chopping block for regular folks. its already happening in Europe and it will happen in the US. Just a matter of time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It'll definitely be getting chopped out very soon. You can even see with the pickup markets that hybrids are becoming a big thing. It'll take longer for the pickups to phase out of diesels but the car market, it'll happen a lot quicker than anticipated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Super, wow, very impressive

21 - 25 of 25 Posts