Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2017 Chevy Trax LS AWD without cruise control. I had a 97 Ford diesel without Cruise and was told by the dealer it would cost me $1,800 to $2,400 to install because it was run by the computer with no throttle cable and all ran by sensors. It ended up costing me about $15 because all I needed to do was put in the stock cruise control panel on the steering wheel and make a connection between two wires and I had cruise control. On my wife's Trax I have installed the factory cruise switch on the steering wheel and the wire harness under the airbag in the steering wheel. I still do not have Cruise control. My question is is the cruise control, controlled through the BCM, or the PCM or ECU module or is there a completely different module that controls the cruise on the Trax? Thank you for anyone with knowledge of this and can help me.

·
Super Moderator
1,836 Posts
It goes to the BCM. Check if connector X3 of the BCM pin 4 & 9 are populated with a RD/WH and BN/GN wire respectively. If the wires are there you may need the dealer to enable cruise in the BCM or if you know somebody that has a GDS2 controller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts