Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi group,
I have a 2017 Chevy Trax LT with 52k that just seems to be cursed. I've posted on a few different Facebook groups and on Reddit with little success, so I was hoping somebody here might have some insight.
I got this car in March 2022. Didn't realize when I bought it that the powertrain warranty had expired 12 days prior. Ran great while test driving it and I got a list of repairs that had been done, felt pretty confident it was in good shape.
Fast forward a month, it broke down once, I repaired 2 recalls on it (purge valve solenoid, and lower control arms re-welded).
It's thrown me codes P0299, P0496, but is only currently showing P0132. It has definitely lost power, hard to accelerate, jerky, has trouble shifting gears. RPMs stay high until I floor the gas, then it will shift gears. I have a bluetooth OBD2 scanner, and I've been running some tests, but I have NO idea what any of it means. It's not receiving data from the Mass Air Flow sensor, and there's no data for air/fuel ratio?? I took it to the dealership a few months ago and they diagnosed the Wastegate Actuator was locking up, wanted $750 to replace it and $250 for diagnosis. I replaced that myself.
There's something wrong with the air intake/fuel injection but there's so many different components, I don't know what to check. I think it may have a vacuum leak?? No money really to take it to mechanic. Trying everything I can to fix it myself, or at least diagnose it so I don't end up paying someone for repairs I don't need.
Has anyone experienced similar issues, or have any insight from the attached photos?
I really appreciate any input!! Thank you.
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number
Font Parallel Rectangle Pattern Number
Light Black Rectangle Slope Font
Rectangle Window Font Tartan Parallel
Colorfulness Slope Line Rectangle Font

· Registered
5 Posts
Replacing the valve cover is not a big deal: No major torque fittings involved. It's all the **** stuff that's hanging off the valve cover that's the challenge.
You have to be careful of the little clips holding some of the cables. Slow and patient with a flat-bladed screwdriver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts