Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i was hoping for a little assistance. I did see some info from a past post and hope to get a little more. My parents have a 2017 Chevry trax and the rear drive side mud flap cracked and it kind of hanging there bouncing around from all the snow and ice we got this year. He took it to the dealer and they wanted $79 for the one and no idea what they would charge for labor. so he asked to see if I could find anything online. So then my few questions are:

1. I am not super mechanical. Is this something i can install for them? Does it require removing the tire? Special tools? I looked real fast and it just looked like 2 screws is this true? Or is it some kind of special screw? I looked on youtube for instructional video but didnt see much.

2. Does anyone have any links, I dont think he cares if it is non OEM?

3, The little searching I did, i found a few for half the price, but then my question is are all Trax mud flaps the same color? Regardless of the color of vehicle is the mudflap the same?

thank you in advance for any help at all.

·
Super Moderator
2,272 Posts
It is just secured in place by 3 T15 screws, 2 in the well and one on the bottom. If you have a stubby or angled Torx driver you will not need to remove the wheel. But is a lot easier if you remove the wheel. Unfortunately these come in pairs so if you buy an aftermarket set they may not match the original OEM. I had a broken one in the front and had to buy a pair to get one. I know they are not cheap but here's the number.

Splash Guards - Molded, Rear

GM Part # 42521444

Try Amazon.com if you are in the USA... free shipping!https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=42521444

1 - 3 of 3 Posts