Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read the posts on the bulb upgrades for the separate hi beam/low beam headlights that take an H11 bulb. the owners manual doesn't list the bulb type for the Premium Projector headlight with the combined hi/low beam. Can someone school me on this? thank you.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Here is a link to your owner manual: http://cdn.dealereprocess.com/cdn/servicemanuals/chevrolet/2017-trax.pdf

I have seen other manuals list all the lighting for the car but this one has nothing.

On page 264 it go's on to say
LED Lighting
This vehicle has several LED lamps.
For replacement of any LED lighting
assembly, contact your dealer.

When I went to GM parts direct they only list a standard headlight bulb and another number but the other number appears to be the whole unit because the price is $306. for one side $321.00 for the other.
I don't know for sure, but to me it looks like they want to sell the whole light assembly, when it comes to replacement.

Here is a link to the page you can check it out yourself https://www.gmpartsdirect.co/auto-p...-gas-engine/electrical-cat/bulbs-chassis-scat

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 LT with the projector lights had Sylvania 9005 bulbs, I changed them for the 9005 Philips Crystal Vision bulbs...they didn't seem to improve road visibility for me though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 LT Projection Bulbs

We just bought a 2018 LT and I was shocked that they didn't already come with LED projector bulbs... that said, before we bought the 2018, we were looking at buying a used 2017 LTZ (just over 9K miles) for about the same price, but it was a LTZ. It had the same projector type light housing as the 2018 does so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they are probably going to be the same 9005 bulbs as "sincere" mentioned above. We took delivery last night 7/3/18 and I immediately bought a set of OPT7 (9005) through Amazon (link: amzn.to/2MKjDce).

These are the same ones (different housing #though) I put into our 2007 Toyota Prius and W O W ! ! ! what a huge difference in brightness and quality; AND they come with a 2 year warranty. I'll post pictures as soon as I replacement them, a side-by-side view.

·
Super Moderator
1,902 Posts
I'm interested to see if it affects the pattern.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If those OPT7 impressed you look at the 9005 diode dynamics SL1's they actually have a proper pattern similar to a halogen bulb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing; they do look quite impressive! I not trying to be picky here, but 1) they are $70 more than the cost of the OPT7s, and 2) looks like they are on backorder for another 6-8 weeks direct from the manufacturer. Did a search and it only looks like Amazon has the 9006s available. With the OPT7s not arriving until Friday, Amazon will surely take them back if unopened for a full refund.

Can you suggest where to buy them from?

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just bought a 2018 LT and I was shocked that they didn't already come with LED projector bulbs... that said, before we bought the 2018, we were looking at buying a used 2017 LTZ (just over 9K miles) for about the same price, but it was a LTZ. It had the same projector type light housing as the 2018 does so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they are probably going to be the same 9005 bulbs as "sincere" mentioned above. We took delivery last night 7/3/18 and I immediately bought a set of OPT7 (9005) through Amazon (link: amzn.to/2MKjDce).

These are the same ones (different housing #though) I put into our 2007 Toyota Prius and W O W ! ! ! what a huge difference in brightness and quality; AND they come with a 2 year warranty. I'll post pictures as soon as I replacement them, a side-by-side view.
Hello, did you had to drill the headlamp's cap to install the LED bulbs on the Trax ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for not responding sooner. No, I removed the cap all together! M U C H better airflow for the LED fans to breath and stay cooler. Here's a final look via Google Photos:
https: ^ //photos. ^ app.goo. ^ gl/XCBktwvfXUPANSqu7 (just remove the ^ and spaces for link to work)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts