Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
Yeah batteries don't last anymore. These aren't made in the USA like the ACDelco of my 2007 Cobalt. Don't know if the battery is covered under warranty!!! It should or at least be prorated. I'm lucky mine is just over 5 years and not showing any signs yet.

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
Batteries suck these days, and you really never know how long one was on a shelf before they put it in your car. I've had big name brands die in under a year, "store brands" that nearly double the warranty life, and everything in between.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
The best ones are still made by Johnson in the USA. This made in Mexico crap sure isn't very good. Believe it or not the WalMart brand is made by Johnson.

Reactions: Montkun

·
Super Moderator
302 Posts
The last Walmart battery i had was used in two different vehicles for a total of 8 years. Gotta love dual connection batteries that just keep going.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have been getting the Duralast Gold batteries from Autozone, They die every 3 years but have a 3 year full replacement as part of the waraannty. So I have a reminder set in my calander to get it tested for free just before the warranty ends, and they always say it is bad and needs to be replaced. The way they work it is they give a full refund of the old battery and then sell you a new battery with a new warranty, in 17 years I have only paid for 1 battery, the original purchase. There has even been a couple of times they gave me a new battery AND some cash back cuz the price went down. Of course the flip side is you do have to pay the difference in price from the old to the new. Yes i do have the hassle of once every 3 years walking into an AZ to have it tested and replaced for free.

You can play any game if you know the rules.

·
Super Moderator
2,175 Posts
You're back...

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use Sears Diehard AGM Platinum Bateries in my car and never had any issues at all. Unless you go Lithium which are like triple the price you are not going to get more then 4-5 years out of todays batteries. I always use AGM and never use standard batteries as the price difference is very minimal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts