Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening. I am the proud owner of a 2017 Trax LT AWD. I have averaged over 30mpgs all the time until the last 2 tanks. The last one was 28 and the current on is at 20+ I drive the same all the time. Any ideas? Thanks, Mike

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Colder weather, winter tires and winter gas. Mine has gone from 7.3l/100 t0 7.7l/100 ( 32mpg to 30mpg ) and it isn't even cold yet.

Reactions: Prince Fan

·
Registered
6 Posts
When the refineries change from Summer blend to Winter blend the MPG will go down a bit, maybe 1 to 2 mpg.

I once heard of a person complaining about a big drop in his MPG and it turned out when it got cold out he had been warming up his vehicle for 1/2 an hour every day both going to and from work and was thinking this was not consuming any fuel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am new to the Chevy Trax Forum, I bought my 2015 Trax last year. My Trax has been great on gas; I would fill up the tank could literary drive from Houston, TX to Baton Rouge, LA approx 280 miles on a tank of gas. Recently, my gas gauge has been dropping quickly. When I take the same trip I have to stop in Lafayette to get gas because my tank is almost empty. I have taken my Trax to the dealer and they can't find anything wrong. Has anyone else had this problem and if so has it been resolved.

·
Super Moderator
2,256 Posts
Down to 8.7l/100Kms ( 27 mpg US ) ( 32mpg Imp ) for December hasn't even been cold yet.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Any car I owned as soon as they change to the winter blend, the car drops at least 2 mpg, at first I thought it was just my imagination or bad calculating on my part.

After talking to my bother he said his cars dropped also, we both take excellent care of our cars, so we knew it wasn't anything we did that caused the drop.

You would think we would get a decrease in cost, if we loose mpg's, don't hold your breath waiting.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts