Chevy Trax Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2018 Chevy Trax less than a week ago and have been trying to figure out how to use & set the cruise control...without any luck finding any visible buttons or settings for cruise control i decided to pull out my owners manual tonight and look up how to use the cruise control in the owners manual...the manuel shows the buttons & settings for cruise control on the left side of the steering wheel & my Trax doesn't have anything there...much to my surprise I was shocked and alittle disappointed to find out that my Trax doesn't have cruise control on it at all. I didn't think before purchasing the vehicle when I was viewing the list of all of the vehicles specs, details, and options to even look for cruise control on the list becuase I just assumed the Trax came with cruise control like every other vehicle I've ever owned or driven before just already had it. I thought cruise control was a normal standard option/feature that every vehicle had already, especially these newer models. I don't know why my Trax doesn't have it, but it doesn't. Does anyone on here know if cruise control can even be installed on my 2018 Trax? I'm reading there are kits to install a switch type one on the side somewhere under the switch to the turn signal but they are pricey, I've read they can be difficult and time consuming to install, and also am unsure of how well one of them would work or if it would work properly or be accurate. Then I also read that if I want the one that is on the steering wheel itself that there is no kit or no way for me to have that type of cruise control installed on the vehicle without buying a whole new steering wheel and that the steering wheel and installation would have to be purchased and installed by the actual dealership. Is there any other options for me here? I'd like to have the cruise control buttons and settings be on my steering wheel just like the owners manual shows. Do I have to actually buy a whole new steering wheel and have the dealership install it all?

·
Registered
19 Posts
These look like the same thing. They have a separate switch that need to be mounted.
redline360 $299.95
Rostra at CARiD $302.32

My next thoughts (and your ultimate question): makes some calls. contacting a dealer may provide some answers. Perhaps you have a repair shop near you that will install a steering wheel. Do you need to have a new wheel? what about a used wheel with the cruise control switch? Regardless of new or used wheel, you will still need to pay for the cruise system. I don't know if you are comfortable with that level of work. If you do decide to go with a steering wheel option with the cruise control switch, I suggest you get proof of either: a new air bag system installed or the bag in the wheel has not been deployed and repacked. I went face first into a steering wheel going under 5 MPH in a vehicle that never had a bag. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

·
Super Moderator
1,449 Posts
There was a guy on here making kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts