Chevy Trax Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2018 Trax. I want to change the time on it to be correct to match with day light savings time but the option to change the time that the owners manual says should be there is missing. Has any one else had this problem or better yet found a fix?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You have to be parked. Go into the settings on the radio itself. Going by memory I believe its the "radio" setting, not the vehicle settings and you can set the time from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my case, I found where to edit the time and date, but when you press Set time it does nothing. Any ideas? I've tried it with both engine running and not, and transmission in park.

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Have you tried doing the factory reset in the options menu? You won't lose any saved stations if your MyLink is the same as my 2019, that may force it to relearn the time. Only other suggestion I would have is try connecting with Android Auto or Apple Play and see if your phone will force it to update the time.

Sent from my Power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my case, I found where to edit the time and date, but when you press Set time it does nothing. Any ideas? I've tried it with both engine running and not, and transmission in park.
I’m having the same exact issue. Have you been able to find a solution??

·
Super Moderator
2,257 Posts
According to manual the clock will set itself in automatic mode when it finds a GPS satellite (This can take up to 5 minutes with cloud covered skies ) Otherwise to set it manually you have to first disable automatic then you can select manual setting. This is out of the 2018 Trax manual. Unfortunately there is no pictorial step-by-step.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I found that while In park, I turned my key to the auxillary position and tried to change the time from there. Found I was able to turn off auto time set. Once I switched it to manual setting I was able to change everything fine. I hope this helps some other people out there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I found that while In park, I turned my key to the auxillary position and tried to change the time from there. Found I was able to turn off auto time set. Once I switched it to manual setting I was able to change everything fine. I hope this helps some other people out there.
auto update for daylight/standard time doesn't change time for my '15. I change it manually also

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brutal. I’m in the same boat. Parked or not. Running or not. Connected to WiFi or not. No automatically update option available. Options are there for:
  • Set Time
  • Set Date
  • Use 24hr Format

Only one that works when you click on it is the 24hr Format one. Set Date & Set Time don’t even work when I click on them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brutal. I’m in the same boat. Parked or not. Running or not. Connected to WiFi or not. No automatically update option available. Options are there for:
  • Set Time
  • Set Date
  • Use 24hr Format

Only one that works when you click on it is the 24hr Format one. Set Date & Set Time don’t even work when I click on them.
Guess I’ll head back to the dealership to get them to do a hard reset on the entire computer as mentioned with the one gent that had the issue resolved. Seems to be the only option to fix.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got a 2018 Trax. I want to change the time on it to be correct to match with day light savings time but the option to change the time that the owners manual says should be there is missing. Has any one else had this problem or better yet found a fix?
For my 2017 I had success with home, settings, date and time, auto set, on cell network.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found this thread and had the same issue in my 2019, but low and behold no updates or answers for years! So if you also found this thread google searching after daylight savings time, allow me to update how I got it to work:

Turn the vehicle completely off, so that the radio is completely off. Then, I turned on the console but not the vehicle by pressing the middle power button. From there, it made the auto time set option available where it had been missing before. Turned that off and was able to set time manually!

·
Registered
2018 Trax AWD
6 Posts
I changed mine from manual to automatic, did the trick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts